We’ve got concerts. We’ve got festivals. We’ve got everything you need for an entertaining Saturday in the city of angels. You game?
Here’s how we break it down below: One great idea where you can get there by Metro, three top picks to point you in the right direction, and six other quick ideas for those who just need lots of options. Whatever you decide on, hope you make it a good one.
Make Metro Part of Your Weekend
Every Wednesday we map out a guide to the best free things to do for the weekend taking L.A. Metro, but this week we went the extra mile with a special list of free things to do for the next 40 days in Los Angeles.
Need one highlight for this Saturday? Head over to Pasadena City Hall for a special evening of music by by the Pasadena Symphony and POPS. The concert will be preceded by a performance from Bob Baker Marionette Theater and plenty of kid-friendly activities. No reservations required. Seating is first-come, first-served. Gates open at 6 p.m. More info here.
Go Metro: Take the L Line to Memorial Park Station.
Three Top Picks To Do This Saturday
M = Less than .5 miles from an L.A. Metro Station, FA = Free Admission
TARFEST – FA > On Saturday, the 20th annual TARFEST music and arts festival held at Pan Pacific Park includes a day of interactive art by local artists, cultural musical performances, plus a biergarten and gourmet food trucks. Runs 2 to 7 p.m. Free to attend. More info here.
Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles Concerts – M FA > The Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles annual summer-long series of free concerts features acclaimed and emerging talent from a broad range of musical genres. All free to attend. No reservation required. This Saturday, the season opens with Nortec Bostich + Fussible, Nunca Jamas, and La Banda Elástica DJ’s. Then on Sunday, you can catch Boogaloo Assassins. Get more info here.
June Jubilee: A Celebration of Black Excellence – M FA > The Changing Tones Advisory Committee presents the inaugural June Jubilee this Saturday, celebrating the rich Black culture in Los Angeles. through a day of speakers, workshops, informative discussions, live entertainment and family-friendly activities. Takes place at Central Library from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free to attend. More info here.
Six More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- Grand Performances summer concert series continues with live showcases by 2023 COLA Artist Fellows Daniel Corral, David Ulin, and Jasmine Orpilla. M FA
- Norton Simon Museum eases into the summer season this Saturday with an afternoon Garden Party.
- This Saturday, Century City’s Fairmont Century Plaza invites the public to celebrate Pride month with an extraordinary two-hour live concert performance by the iconic Gay Men’s Chorus of Los Angeles.
- The Pickwick Vintage Show is back at ROW DTLA this Saturday with over 50 vendors showcasing an incredible assortment of vintage clothing, jewelry, and accessories.
- Self-Help Graphics hosts a Family Workshop with American Museum of Ceramic Art Mud Mobile team at the East Los Angeles Library. FA
- The Brevet performs at One Colorado in Old Pasadena as part of the Summer Sounds series. M FA
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!