There’s nothing like a Saturday in the city of angels.
Below you’ll find our top three picks for today (August 13) in Los Angeles, followed by a bullet list of seven other quick ideas to consider. Hope you make it a good one!
Things To Do For Saturday in Los Angeles
Gimme Pink Roller Rink -> Benefit Cosmetics is hosting a free roller disco party all weekend long on the Santa Monica Pier. Held Friday through Sunday, the pop-up celebrates the launch of Benefit’s newest brow product, Gimme Brow+ Volumizing Pencil. Enjoy complimentary skate rentals or bring your own pair, then experience a brow bar and a cocktail bar hosted by Klarna (free cocktail when you download the app.) RSVP and secure a time slot here.
FYC Fest -> Amazon really wants you to know about the Prime Video series up for Emmy consideration this year, and this weekend they’re pulling out all the stops with three days of free events at three separate locations throughout L.A. Expect art installations, show-themed activations, DJ’d tunes, and food trucks on hand to sell bites to hungry guests. The fun continues on Saturday in Saturday in Santa Monica, then rolls over to West Hollywood on Sunday. All events free to attend. No RSVP required. More info here.
One Colorado Concerts -> Panamanian singer-songwriter Sofía Valdés comes to One Colorado in Old Pasadena for the final in a series of free summer concerts hosted by the outdoor retail space. A DJ opens the event at 8 p.m., with Valdés to perform at 9 p.m. No ticket required. Get more info here.
Seven More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- The Getty 25 community festival series pops up at the Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Mall on Saturday and Sunday.
- 818 Night Market pops up on Devonshire Street in Mission Hills with an assortment of local vendors featuring food, collectibles, toys jewelry, and more.
- As part of their ongoing Alternate Reality film series, Norton Simon Museum screens the 1956 sci-fi classic Forbidden Planet this Saturday beginning at 5 p.m
- This Saturday and Sunday, DTLA’s California Market Center host Unique’s 13th annual Summer Market.
- L.A.’s only live animated comedy show Picture This! is back in Los Angeles this Saturday with a show at Permanent Records Roadhouse.
- Pickwick Vintange is back at ROW DTLA this Saturday for a one-day event featuring 70+ exhibitors from across California offering fine vintage clothing, jewelry, accessories, textiles, and more.
- ISC’s Shakespeare in The Park continues in this month with performances of Macbeth in Griffith Park on Wednesdays to Sundays through September 4.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscriber to our twice weekly email newsletter!