What a difference a weekend makes, eh?
Instead prepping for a storm, today it’s all about planning your Saturday. On the docket, you’ll find KCRW Summer Nights in Chinatown, the Lemiert Park Jazz Festival, the El Segundo Art Walk, and more. Let’s get into the full rundown below.
Make Metro Part of Your Weekend
For the second time this summer, KCRW Summer Nights returns to Chinatown for the second time this summer to host an evening of music, dancing, food trucks, and local merchants who will be staying open for the event. KCRW DJs Novena Carmel and Tavis Holcombe will both be spinning extended sets, with tunes running from 8 p.m. to midnight. Free to attend.
Go Metro: Take the A Line to Chinatown station.
Three Top Picks To Do This Saturday
M = Less than .5 miles from an L.A. Metro Station, FA = Free Admission
Leimert Park Jazz Festival – M FA > This Saturday, catch over 8 hours of Jazz sets plus a kids zone, wine lounge, and food court on at the Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Plaza as part of the annual Leimert Park Jazz Festival. Admission is free! Starts at noon. More info here.
End of Summer Bash – M FA > On the last Saturday of August, One Colorado in Old Pasadena marks the end of summer with a special afternoon event featuring carnival games, a photo booth, live music, and a beer garden. Runs 4 to 7 p.m. Free to attend. More info here.
El Segundo Art Walk – FA > On Saturday, This indie, self-guided art event highlights the creative businesses throughout Downtown El Segundo while showcasing local artists. Expect food trucks, live music, and extended hours from the El Segundo Museum of Art. Runs 3 to 9 p.m. Free to attend. More info here.
Six More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- This Saturday, Hollyhock House and and Floating will host a free sunset performance on the lawn at Barnsdall Park featuring Nigerian-born, experimental producer and composer Colloboh. FA
- This Saturday and Sunday at Lafayette Park, the 7th annual Festival Chapin returns for a two-day celebration of Guatemalan culture and community featuring musical artists, traditional Guatemalan cuisine, and shopping crafts from on-site vendors. M FA
- This Saturday, Audible and Amazon Music team up to celebrate five decades of Hip-Hop with an afternoon of panel discussions, multimedia exhibits, and performances, all taking place at NTWRK LA. FA
- Grand Performances wraps up a summer of free concerts with live performance by acclaimed cumbia sonidera band Grupo Kual?. M FA
- Off the 405 at The Getty presents a performance by British poet and saxophonist Alabaster DePlume. FA
- Ivy Station hosts an afternoon of Jazz on the Lawn and Swing Dancing. M FA
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!