In my near two decades of living in Los Angeles, I don’t ever remember a day pushing 90 degrees that also had rain in the forecast. But here we are. And if you’re willing to take a chance on the weather gods’ cooperation, there is much to see and do on this cloudy Saturday.
Below you’ll find our top three picks for today (September 10) in L.A. followed by a bullet list of seven other quick ideas to consider. Rundown starts below.
Things To Do For Saturday in Los Angeles
Cinema Tiki Party -> This Saturday, the Highland Park Indie Film Festival holds its first ever Cinema Tiki Party as a countdown to announce the 9th annual HPIFFl lineup. Expect live music, raffle prizes, local vendors, tiki clothing and collectibles, drinks and more. The celebration runs from 5 to 10 p.m. at the Offbeat Bar on York in Los Angeles. Free admission. Get more info here.
Hi Autumn Festival -> This year’s Mid-Autumn Festival (aka Moon Festival) is September 10, and Temple City has their own multi-cultural celebration popping up this Saturday and Sunday, called Hi Autumn Festival. Co-produced with the World Journal, the two-day event features local vendors, carnival game booths, food biter for purchase, live entertainment, and a special moon cake giveaway. Free to attend. Runs noon to 9 p.m. at Temple City Park on both days. More info here.
Valley Artisan Fest -> Looking to get crafty? Saturday’s Valley Artisan Fest at the Metrolink Train Station in Chatworth offers free workshops led by expert makers in a variety of hobbies/skills, including Quilting & Fiber Arts, Visual Arts, Music & Dance, Cooking, Beer and Wine. Get more info here.
Seven More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- Brick Fest Live brings two days of block-building fun to the Pasadena Convention Center this Saturday and Sunday.
- Summer on 7th brings fundraiser concert to the campus of Inner-City Arts with performances by Cordae and Mallory Merk, plus DJ sets from dublab and La Junta Crew.
- The Pickwick Vintage Show is back at ROW DTLA this Saturday with over 45 vendors showcasing an incredible assortment of vintage clothing, jewelry, and accessories.
- Eat Move Meditate brings a free community wellness event comes to the USC Village this Saturday from 4 to 8 p.m.
- Music x Flowers is a day-long, pop-up event at South Coast Botanic Garden highlighting African Americans in floriculture through a series of immersive experiences and activations.
- MASAFEST celebrate the stone-ground, nixtamalized staple of Mexican cooking with a one-day festival at the Masienda parking lot featuring bites from Taco María, Ditroit, Quarantine Pizza, Los Dorados, and Poncho’s Tlayudas.
- Los Angeles Live Score Film Festival 2022 is a one-night showcase of short films featuring original scores performed live-to-picture by the Helix Collective.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscriber to our twice weekly email newsletter!