If you believe that fall in Los Angeles doesn’t start until we hit the equinox, then this weekend is officially the last of the summer. Let’s make it a good one.
Below you’ll find our top three picks for today (September 17) in L.A. followed by a bullet list of seven other quick ideas to consider. Enjoy the rundown.
Things To Do For Saturday in Los Angeles
Chinatown Moon Festival -> The annual Mid-Autumn Moon Festival brings an evening of live performance, dance, and Mooncake to the heart of Chinatown. Activities run from 5 to 9 p.m., including a Moon Festival Children’s Parade scheduled for 7:30. Get more info here.
Smithsonian Magazine Museum Day -> A dozen Southland museums offer free admission for Smithsonian Magazine Museum Day this Saturday. Participants include the GRAMMY Museum, California African American Museum, Japanese American National Museum, American Museum of Ceramic Art and more. This year participants are allowed to download one ticket per email address. The ticket provides free general admission for two on the date of the event. More info here.
LUMINEX 2.0: Projected Realities -> This Saturday, check out a one-night augmented reality art exhibition featuring 12 site-specific installations projected on building facades spread over a 5-block radius of the South Park neighborhood in DTLA. Expect a digital drone activation, live performances, sound and video feeds, and an artist lineup that includes Refik Anadol, Nancy Baker Cahill, Sarah Rara, Luciana Abait, Akiko Yamashita, Carole Kim, David Van Eyssen, Leah Smithson, Nate Mohler, Ryan P Griffin, Mark Hashimoto and Elizabeth Leister. Free to attend. Runs 7:30 to 11:30 p.m. More info here.
Seven More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- Getty 25 brings a two-day family festival to its museum campus to cap off a summer of free community events.
- Grand Performances celebrates the 5-year anniversary of Cumbiatón with a free, all-ages show.
- KCRW Summer Nights is back at One Colorado in Old Pasadena this Saturday for a performance by camp/funk maestro Tolliver.
- Hauser & Wirth’s Summer Saturdays series wraps up this weekend with one final afternoon of DJ’d tunes from Zuri Adia and specialty cocktails from Manuela.
- Zombie Joe Underground Theatre Group hosts a Killer Klowns from Outer Space Cosplay Dance Party.
- L.A. Beer Fest is back with a one-day event featuring 80+ domestic and international brewers, plus food trucks and live music.
- Beyond All Measure: The Sea, the Sky, the Horizon of Our Transitional Present brings a day of free presentations and discussions to DTLA as part of the 2022 Fulcrum Festival.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscriber to our twice weekly email newsletter!