Looks like we’ve got a break in the rain for this Sunday, and there is plenty on the docket to choose from.
For today in Los Angeles you’ll find 826LA at The Hammer, the start of Long Beach Black Restaurant Week, Creative Babe Market, a Record Fair at Smorgasburg, the Cat Art Show at PetSpace, and more. Hope you enjoy your day!
Three Top Picks To Do This Sunday
M = Less than .5 miles from an L.A. Metro Station, FA = Free Admission
Auschwitz Survivors and Honey Cake – FA > On Sunday, experience the taste of honey cakes from the survivor cookbook, “Honey Cakes and Latkes,” created from family recipes by Auschwitz survivor Michael Bornstein and his daughter Debbie Holinstat. The family duo will also be in conservation with Dr. Maria Zalewska (ABMF) and the program concludes with a book signing of “Honey Cakes and Latkes” and Michael Bornstein’s autobiography, “Survivors’ Club.” Free to attend the event takes place at Holocaust Museum LA presented in partnership with the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial Foundation in honor of Holocaust Remembrance Day. More info here.
826LA@Hammer – FA > Educational non-profit 826LA is back at The Hammer this Sunday with a kids workshop entitled Collaging for Mother Earth where young artists can create works using recylced objects and found materials, all under the supervision and instruction of multimedia artist Morgan Moto. Recommended for ages 8-14, and free to attend. Starts at 11 a.m. More info here.
Long Beach Black Restaurant Week -> The third annual Long Beach Black Restaurant Week kicks off this Sunday for an eight-day (January 21-28) run of celebrating African American, African and Caribbean cuisine. Explore Black owned businesses around the city through a number of special deals designed just for the event. More info here.
Seven More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- The third annual Shochu Month in Los Angeles celebrates the Japanese spirit with a series of speciality cocktails and live programming at nine of L.A.’s top bars, including Accomplice Bar, Death&Co LA, Employees Only LA, Gold Line, Redbird, Steep LA, The Lincoln, The Semi-Tropic, and Thunderbolt.
- This Friday to Sunday, the tenth anniversary edition of the Cat Art Show returns to the Wallis Annenberg PetSpace with works from over 50 globally-recognized and emerging artists. FA
- Creative Babe Market pops up at Long Beach Exchange with 50+ local vendors. FA
- This Saturday and Sunday, a the Oddities & Curiosities Expo returns to the Los Angeles Convention Center with an extraordinary showcase of over 150 vendors and artists providing a unique shopping experience for enthusiasts of the strange, offering rare and unique items such as antiques and handcrafted oddities. M
- The CURRENT: [inti]mate chamber program continues with a performance at the Los Angeles LGBT Center.
- Every third Sunday of the month, Smorgasburg LA hosts a Record Fair curated by dublab. FA
- DJ Low Key and friends host Goodness, an afternoon/evening of danceable tunes and inclusive vibes at Lock & Key on Vermont Ave. M FA
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!