The rain is back, though it looks like with any luck we’ll make it through most of the day on Sunday without major downpours (the heavier stuff is forecasted to begin in the evening). Still, something to be mindful of as you plan our your day.
Below you’ll find our top three picks for today (January 29) in Los Angeles followed by a bullet list of seven other quick ideas to consider. Stay dry out there, and enjoy yourself!
Things To Do For Sunday in Los Angeles
Alhambra Lunar New Year Festival -> The Alhambra Lunar New Year Festival takes over Main St this Sunday with lion dances, kung fu performers, live candy sculpting, live Chinese character demonstrations, and other cultural performances. The festival will run in conjunction with the Alhambra Farmers Market, a great place to pick up independently farmed asian fruits and vegetables. More info here.
Free Flea at Common Space -> Common Space Brewery is cleaning house, and their loss could be your gain. This Sunday, the Hawthorne tap house hosts a “free flea market” where they’ll be passing along items to the public that they don’t have room for anymore. Think home brewing equipment, holiday decor, party supplies, and more. Check out a sneak peak of available via their IG, and remember that if you do plan to attend everything is first-come, first-served. Runs noon to 5 p.m. More info here.
[email protected]: Making Monster Manuals -> 826LA is back at the Hammer Museum this Sunday with another fun creative session for kids and teens. Author Kim Adelman leads a workshop where students will “create an illustrated manual for appropriate monster behavior.” Free to attend, and recommend for ages 8-14. Although the program is not ticketed, reservations are encouraged. Starts at 11 a.m. More info here.
* Goldstar Discounts -> Remember that Goldstar.com has great deals on tickets for a range of upcoming events in Los Angeles. You can get $25 tix to the brand new Bob Marley One Love Experience, save $14 on tickets to LA Phil’s Green Umbrella Series, or get comp tickets to the L.A. Travel & Adventure Show.
* We Like L.A. receives commissions on Goldstar purchases made through our affiliate links.
Seven More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- The Aquarium of the Pacific’s annual Festival of Abilities is a two-day (Saturday and Sunday) celebration of the creative talents and abilities of people with disabilities.
- Exposure: Native Art and Political Ecology debuts this weekend at Pasadena’s Armory Center for the Arts.
- The USC Pacific Asia Museum offers free admission all weekend (through Sunday)
- At 2 p.m. on Sunday, Walt Disney Concert Hall hosts an evening performance of Girls of the Golden West, a two-act opera set California Gold Rush, with music by John Adams and a libretto by Peter Sellars.
- After a two-week postponement due to the rain, the LA River Public Art Project’s new series of guided walks kicks off this Sunday.
- The Santa Monica Conservancy celebrates the life of silent film actress and socialite Marion Davies with a free day of festivities on the Garden Terrace at the Annenberg Community Beach House, this Sunday.
- Sunday is the last day to catch the Beastie Boys exhibition at Beyond the Streets.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!