Got plans for your Sunday in Los Angeles? You do now.
Today in L.A. you’ll find Classical Kids Discovery Day at Plaza de la Raza, Oktoberfest at Angel City Brewery, the Watts Towers Jazz Festival, Birriamania at Santa Anita Park, and much more. Dip into our full rundown of ideas below.
Make Metro Part of Your Weekend
Watts Towers Jazz Festival – > On Sunday, the 46th annual Watts Towers Jazz Festival for 8 hours of musical performances, featuring a lineup that includes spoken word artists, gospel jazz, and blues. Runs 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and are free to attend. More info here.
Go Metro: Take the A Line to 103rd St / Watts Towers Station
Three Top Picks To Do This Sunday
M = Less than .5 miles from an L.A. Metro Station, FA = Free Admission
Classical Kids Discovery Day – FA > In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, classical music station KUSC will host a Classical Kids Discovery Day at the historic Plaza de la Raza this Sunday. This bilingual event invites children to explore the world of live classical music in a fun and accessible manner. The plaza and its nearby classrooms will be filled with kid-friendly live classical music and dance performances. Attendees can enjoy various activities, such as crafting their own violins with Los Angeles Philharmonic Affiliates or take the shot at being a Classical KUSC DJ by getting on the mic with KUSC on-air hosts. Additional activities include “Guitar Discovery” with McCabe’s Guitar Shop, arts and crafts led by Plaza de la Raza teachers and instrument-building with Neighborhood Music School. Runs 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. More info here.
Angel City Brewery Oktoberfest – M FA > On Sunday, Angel City Brewery celebrates Oktoberfest fest with special offerings and activities, including pretzels from Röckenwagner, brats/vegan brats too, plenty of German-style beers on tap, a live Oompa Band, plus competitions for stein-hoisting and sauerkraut-eating. The event runs noon to 6 p.m. Free to attend. More info here.
Birriamania -> L.A. TACO’s Birriamania comes to Santa Anita Park this Saturday for an afternoon event featuring some of the top birria taco vendors in Los Angeles paired with craft beer and horse racing action. Tickets are $34 for a starter package (3 tacos, 1 beer). More info here.
Six More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- Head to Boomtown Brewery this Sunday for Booptown, a monthly afternoon social and pet adoption event where guests can buy a beer from Boomtown’s ample selection and maybe (just maybe!) find a new best friend in the process. M FA
- Boney Island brings kid-friendly Halloween fun to the Nature Garden at Natural History Museum. M
- The Hola México Film Festival continues on Sunday with screenings at Regal Cinemas LA LIVE. M
- Mama’s Nightmarket returns on Sunday to once again highlight under-represented mom and pop restaurants that have served their communities for decades.
- The L.A. Arboretum hosts a Black Sound Healer Summit on Sunday.
- Join Benny Boy Brewing for their weekend long Oktoberfest celebration, this Friday to Sunday. FA
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!