It’s looking like a picture-perfect Sunday in the city of angels. But where will it take you?
Below you’ll find our top three picks for today (November 20) in Los Angeles followed by a bullet list of seven other quick ideas to consider. Hope you have an amazing day!
Things To Do For Sunday in Los Angeles
Enchanted: Forest of Light -> Starting this Sunday, Descanso Gardens’ annual light is back this November with a range of wondrous, illuminated installations, including a magical “stained glass” creations built in the Rose Garden by contemporary sculptor Tom Fruin. The one-mile walk also features geometric installations from HYBYCOZO on the Main Lawn; Flower Power lights, and sparkling adornments added to Descanso’s Ancient Forest. Tickets cost $34-$40 for non-member adults. More info here.
9th Annual International Mariachi Women’s Festival -> This Sunday, head to LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes to celebrate traditional mariachi women of Guadalajara through a one-day event that includes performances by Mariachi Divas, Mariachi Innovación Mexicana and Mariachi Femenil Nuevo Tecálitlan. Free to attend. More info here.
Anime Pasadena -> The 4th annual Anime Pasadena returns to the Pasadena Convention Center this Saturday and Sunday with a two-day gathering full of vendors, cosplay, fashion, performances, live music, and anime karaoke. Tickets are $30 for one-day passes, or $50 for the full weekend. Get more info here.
Seven More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- The L.A. Arboretum’s Lightscape continues this Thursday–Sunday, brightening up the holiday season with a one-mile trail of installations and twinkling displays
- Complexcon returns to the Long Beach Convention Center this Saturday and Sunday for two-day event featuring a food experience curated by First We Feast and Tasty, a streetwear and sneaker marketplace, a live musical performance.
- This Saturday and Sunday, indie craft market Jackalope returns to Central Park in Old Pasadena for a two-day, pop-up marketplace with over 200 vendors. Free to attend. Runs 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. both days.
- L.A. Zoo Lights kicks off this weekend, transforming the zoo grounds into a world of light and holiday magic.
- Downtown Santa Monic’a Ice brings 8,000-square-foot pop-up rink to the corner of Fifth Street and Arizona Avenue.
- The 22nd annual Animation Show of Shows screens at the Art Theater in Long Beach.
- Friendship Buddies host a free comedy show every Sunday at Verdugo Bar in Glendale.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscriber to our twice weekly email newsletter!