Super Bowl Sunday has arrived. Will the big game dominate your plans today or is football all just a big yawn? Either way, we’ve got you covered.
In view for today in L.A., you’ll find a Chinese New Year fest at The Huntington, a big game watch party at Angel City Brewery, A Love Letter to Silent Film at The Elysian, Jurassic Quest at Fairplex, and more. Hope you have a good one!
Three Top Picks To Do This Sunday
M = Less than .5 miles from an L.A. Metro Station, FA = Free Admission
Chinese New Year Festival at The Huntington -> Celebrate the Year Of The Dragon in and around The Huntington’s gorgeous Chinese Garden this weekend (both Saturday and Sunday), alongside of an array of traditional entertainment. Enjoy lion dancers, mask-changing performances, martial arts demonstrations, live music, arts and craft demos, and dining specials throughout the two-day event. Tickets start at $29 for adults. More info here.
Grand Central Market’s Super Bowl Watch Party – M FA > Grand Central Market hosts a Super Bowl Sunday watch party with vendors food specials all day long and free popcorn from Maple Block. The party takes place on the Hill street patio. More info here.
The Elysian Presents: A Love Letter to Silent Film! “You’re The One”– TP > As an ode to origins of the The Elysian Theater’s film screening roots, this Sunday the joint will host a matinee of romantic comedies from the silent film era, just in time for Valentine’s Day. The lineup includes Mabel Normand’s Won in a Cupboard along with Buster Keaton’s One Week and Seven Chances. Award-winning composer Michael Mortilla will play the piano accompianment live for each film. Starts at 2 p.m. Tickets are $15. More info here.
Seven More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- My Bloody Valentine (An Evening of Horror Burlesque) comes to Pasadena’s Crown Theatre on Sunday starting at 7 p.m. Tickets are $20.
- The Artspace Warehouse on Beverly Blvd is hosting a live painting and dialogue event with portraitist Erin Hammond this Sunday.
- Carla’s Fresh Market in Highland Park hosts a Valentine’s Day Market pop-up this Sunday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Jurassic Quest continues at Pomona Fairplex with a slate of dinosaur shows, interactive science and art activities, a triceratops horn and life-size dino skull, a soft play area for kids, bounce houses, inflatable attractions, photo opportunities, a scavenger hunt, and more. General admission tickets start at $22.
- Angel City Brewery is hosting a “Big Game” tailgate and watch party from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- The UCLA Film & Television Archive screens Flesh and the Devil (starring Greta Garbo) at The Hammer as part of the series Then Came Garbo.
- LA Dancefit Studio is hosting a free Super Bowl Sunday Sound Bath at 8 p.m. (donations encouraged).
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!