Welcome to a new month, Angelenos!
Below you’ll find our top three picks for today (May 1) in Los Angeles, followed by a bullet list of seven other quick ideas to consider. Enjoy your Sunday.
Things To Do For Sunday
626 Golden Streets -> This San Gabriel Valley open streets initiative is back today with a Mission to Mission route, allowing bicyclists and pedestrians to navigate the roads car-free over a five mile course through South Pasadena, Alhambra and San Gabriel. Each of the three cities will host a hub featuring live performances and special activities. Free to attend. Runs 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. More info here.
Cinco de Mayo at The Rose Bowl -> Cinco de Mayo is still a week away, but you can celebrate early with a free family festival at The Rose Bowl featuring a community marketplace, live entertainment, bites for sale, and a group workout session. Free to attend. Runs 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. More info here.
May Day Pop Up -> Third Sundays NoHo and Benny Boy Brewing host a day of shopping, food and brews at the newly opened Lincoln Heights brewery. The event is 21+ and will feature a line-up of female-owned small businesses, beers and ciders from Benny Boy and food by Hangaburs and Metztli Taqueria.
Seven More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- Day two of the Latino Comics Expo at the Museum of Latin American (MOLAA) continues with a series of panels, workshops, and screenings. 45 vendors are expected to be onsite for this year’s event. Admission is free, but paid onsite parking is $15.
- Echo Park’s One Down Dog is hosting a free open house studio today featuring two yoga classes followed by meditative sound bath experience.
- The Pasadena City College Flea Market brings 400 vendors of the campus of PCC for this monthly flea. Free admission.
- Your (Un)natural Garden is a new colorful installation and pop-up experience now open daily at Descanso Gardens. Included with admission.
- The Renaissance Pleasure Faire continues on Saturdays and Sundays the Santa Fe Dam Recreation Area through May 22.
- Netflix is a Joke: The Festival has 20+ performances on the schedule this Sunday at venues around Los Angeles.
- How out a Sunday farmers market? Our list of famers markets in Los Angeles includes 20+ ideas for markets open in Sundays in L.A. County.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscriber to our twice weekly email newsletter!