If need something fun to fill up your Sunday, you’ve come to the right place.
Below you’ll find our top three picks for today (May 15) in Los Angeles, followed by a bullet list of seven other quick ideas to consider. Have a great day!
Things To Do For Sunday
Music in the Mansion -> Classical music returns to the grounds of Greystone Mansion in Beverly Hills this Sunday, with a slate of three short programs starting at 2 p.m. You can grab a ticket for $15 for an individual concert, or $35 to see all three. A reception with refreshments provided with follow the concerts at 5 p.m. Get more info here.
AAPI Vendors at Smorgasburg LA This Month -> Over the next three weeks, Smorgasburg highlights Asian American & Pacific Islander Heritage Month by celebrating AAPI vendors and inviting special pop-up guests to the market. This Sunday, DJ collective Brownies & Lemonade will provide the music at Smorgasburg’s beer garden, Chinatown cookbook shop Now Serving and the A-Sha Dry Noodle Truck will pop up at the center shopping aisle. Food collaborations with Woon and 626 Hospitality Group will be part of the kickoff event.
Griffith Park Total Lunar Eclipse Broadcast -> Later tonight, a total lunar eclipse will be visible (weather permitting) in the skies throughout the United States, and Griffith Observatory will hosting an online broadcast of the event from 7:35 to 11:50 p.m. The “blood moon” eclipse will illuminate the moon in a brilliant red as it passes through the earth’s shadow cast by the sun. Even if you don’t watch the broadcast, be sure to check outside. If the weather is decent, you should be able to see it from any vantage point in the city. More info here.
Seven More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- A Forest for the Trees immersive experience opened this weekend at Ace Mission Studios near DTLA.
- The Downtown Burbank Arts Festival continues with day two, with over 150 indie sellers on hand.
- The Getty 25 series is in Inglewood this weekend with activations, live music, workshops, and food purveyors, all in an effort to highlight local artists and cultural creators. Free to attend. See the full schedule for both days here.
- RuPaul’s DragCon continues at the Los Angeles Convention Center through Sunday.
- The L.A. County Fair continues at at Fairplex in Pomona through the end of May.
- Friendship Buddies is a weekly, free showcase at Verdugo Bar starting at 8 p.m.
- The latest in the L.A. On Foot series takes you on a loop around the Silver Lake Reservoir and up the Mattachine Steps.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscriber to our twice weekly email newsletter!