Gotta admit, yesterday might have been L.A.’s best day of the year (weather wise) so far in 2023. Can we expect more of this same today? Absolutely. Question is, how can you take advantage?
Below find our handy blueprint for your Sunday: One great idea where you can get there by Metro, three top picks to point you in the right direction, and six other quick ideas for those who just need lots of options. Enjoy the sunshine!
Make Metro Part of Your Weekend
If you’re keen on fun to-dos but hate parking and traffic, remember that every Wednesday we put together a handy rundown of free weekend events you can access by Metro bus and rail service. Here’s one highlight for today:
Ride to Union Station for Metro Arts’ MAPPING Performance, a commemoration of 10 years of L.A.-inspired arts and cultural programming. On Sunday, the focus is Capoeira, an Afro-Brazilian cultural practice (think of a cross between fighting and dancing). There will be multiple performances and instructional sessions staged at the ticket concourse from 3:30 to 8 p.m. Free to attend! More info here.
Go Metro: Take the A, B or D Lines to Union Station.
Three Top Picks To Do This Sunday
M = Less than .5 miles from an L.A. Metro Station, FA = Free Admission
Out Block Party – M FA TP > On Sunday, Angel City Brewery teams up with GLAAD, Makeshift Muse, and Truly LA for a Pride-focused afternoon block party featuring unique vendors and performers. Portions of Traction Ave and Rose St will be shut down to vehicular traffic for the event, which runs from noon to 6 p.m. Free to attend. More info here.
Santa Monica Pier 360 Beach Festival – M FA TP > Summer time means beach time, and there’s no better weekend to hit than sand than than during Pier 360, a beach life festival offering back-to-back days (this Saturday and Sunday) of ocean sports competitions, live music, food, drinks, games, brand activations, and more, all adjacent to the Santa Monica Pier. Free to attend and family-friendly. Get more info here.
Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles Concerts – M FA > The Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles annual summer-long series of free concerts features acclaimed and emerging talent from a broad range of musical genres. This Sunday the fun continue this with performances by Banda Las Angelinas and Los Rock Angels. Runs 5 to 8 p.m. Free to attend, no reservation required. Get more info here.
Six More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- If video game soundtracks are your jam, you’ll love this Sunday’s Game Awards 10–Year Concert experience (with fireworks!) at the Hollywood Bowl.
- Live music comes to Warner Ranch Park in Woodland Hills all summer long as part of the Valley Cultural Foundation’s seasonal concert series. This Sunday,, catch a performance by Doctor Wu (an 11-piece Steely Dan cover band). FA
- The first-ever Long Beach Cultural Dance Festival comes to the Museum of Latin American Art this Sunday.
- West Hollywood’s Gracias Madre is hosting Sip & Sashay Sundays this week featuring performers Miss Kendoll, Marta Beatchu and host Annie Biotixx.
- RUNWAY Playa Vista is hosting a free fitness festival on Sunday featuring fitness challenges, brand pop-ups, giveaways, and more. FA
- Art at the Airport brings over 20 professional artists together to display/sell their work at the 18th Street Art Center’s Santa Monica Airport campus. FA
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!