L.A. River Fest. Sunday Sessions. A free movie screening in the Santa Monica Mountains. It’s Sunday in Los Angeles… so let’s get into it.
Per usual, our breakdown below: One solid idea to get there by Metro, three top picks to to point you in the right direction, and six other quick ideas for those who just need lots of options. Hope you have a great Sunday!
Make Metro Part of Your Weekend
This Sunday, LADOT is teaming up with CicLAvia to celebrate the freshly installed safety features along Venice Blvd between National and Sepulveda. The public event runs 2 to 6 p.m. and offers guided group bike rides and walks along the new protected bike lanes, plus music, games, and other fun activities at a hub near Venice and Bagley. Also, it’s a cinch to access by Metro, either by taking the E Line to Culver City station, or by taking the 33 line along Venice Blvd.
Three Top Picks To Do This Sunday
M = Less than .5 miles from an L.A. Metro Station, FA = Free Admission
L.A. River Fest – M FA > On Sunday, Friends of the LA River (FoLAR) invites the public to River Fest, a free all-ages event that features an open-air film festival at LA State Historic Park, a Story Slam, interactive art and education activities, local food trucks, live DJ, booths with local environmental, arts, indigenous, and partner organizations. Ticket registration is required to enjoy all the complimentary festivities. Runs 5 to 9 p.m. More info here.
Sunday Sessions at Grand Park – M FA > This weekend at Gloria Molina Grand Park, Sunday Sessions is back for an afternoon of house music, chill dance moves, and ample picnic space. Specially curated DJ sets run from 3 to 8 p.m., and the event is free and open to all ages. More info here.
Silents Under The Stars – FA > On Sunday, Santa Monica Mountains Fund’s Silents Under The Stars series screens A Women of Affairs (1928) at King Gillette Ranch, with musical accompaniment provided by Michael Mortilla. Walking tours of the grounds start at 6:30 p.m., and the film screens at 8 p.m. Free to attend with RSVP, and free parking too. More info here.
Six More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- Rising Japan Musicfest comes to Marina Green Park in Long Beach this Saturday and Sunday.
- Manhattan Beach’s Polliwog Park Amphitheater hosts Concerts in the Park with a performance by Radio Royalty. FA
- LA Made Presents: An Afternoon of Asada brings authors Bricia Lopez (Guelaguetza restaurant) and Javier Cabral (L.A. TACO) to Central Library’s Mark Taper Auditorium this Sunday to chat about their new cookbook and drop some knowledge on all things carne asada. FA
- Pasadena’s Playhouse Village Park continues its string of summer jazz concerts this Sunday with a performance by the Marcelo Bucater Quartet. FA
- Long Beach Burger Week starts today!
- Cardboard City, a children’s pop-up art center at Westfield Century City is back for 2023 starting this weekend. FA
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!