For your consideration this Sunday in Los Angeles, check out Avocado Fest at ACB, a Taste of Ecuador, Garden Concerts for Kids at The Getty, Books & Brews in Arcadia, and more.
Our usual breakdown: One solid idea to get there by Metro, three top picks to to point you in the right direction, and six other quick ideas for those who just need lots of options. Whatever you decide on, hope you make it a good one.
Make Metro Part of Your Weekend
This Sunday, Angel City Brewery celebrates the release of two crowd-favorite seasonal brews – Avocado Ale and Guavocado Ale with a party featuring avocado themed games, live music, tours, food and vendors. The Avocado Fest runs from noon to 7 p.m. Free to attend. More info here.
Go Metro: Take the A or E Lines to Little Tokyo Station
Three Top Picks To Do This Sunday
M = Less than .5 miles from an L.A. Metro Station, FA = Free Admission
TASTE OF ECUADOR Food Festival – M FA > Spend a day immersed in all things Ecuadorian at TASTE OF ECUADOR Food Festival at Placita Olvera, this Sunday. Free to attend (with food for purchase), the festival features authentic cuisine, live music and performances, a street parade, carnival games and more. More info here.
Getty Garden Concert for Kids – FA > The Getty’s month-long concert series for kids continues this Sunday with a performance by indie-folk duo Renee & Jeremy. The music begins at 4 p.m. in the Central Garden. No ticket required, but timed-entry to the Getty Center must be made in advance. More info here.
Books & Brews – FA > On Sunday, Mt. Lowe Brewing (Arcadia) teams up with Octavia’s Bookshelf and Underdog Bookstore for an adult book fair featuring special food vendors, a photo booth, games, and plenty of “book & beer” pairings. Free to attend. Runs 1 to 8 p.m. More info here.
Six More Things To Do in L.A. Toda
- California African American Museum hosts a free Self-Care Yoga session on Sunday.
- The DiverCity Multicultural Concert Series at Pershing Square presents a Boogie Nights Festival featuring The Sugar Hill Gang, Mary Jane Girls, Rose Royce, and One Way on Sunday. M FA
- CatCon brings two days of cat-centric merchandise, workshops, and performances to the Pasadena Convention Center, this Saturday and Sunday. M
- Unique LA Market offers a curated shopping experience featuring one-of-a-kind gifts from modern, independent designers, artists, and emerging brands.
- Booptown at Boomtown Brewery features an afternoon of adoptable kitties and pups alongside food trucks and special vendors. FA
- Long Beach Pride returns to Marina Green Park this Saturday and Sunday.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!