Every week in Los Angeles there are tons of great things to do (even before the weekend gets started) that we think you ought to have on your radar. With that in mind, we put together a list every Monday morning to keep you in the know about what’s happening in the city you love (or maybe just like).
This week, from Monday, Mar. 13 to Friday, Mar. 17, features a California Yarnscape, The Venice Art Crawl, a St. Patty’s Day Beer Fest, Alton Brown Live, PaleyFest L.A., and LOTS more.
Remember you can always go to our L.A. events calendar page to get an updated rundown of what’s happening around the city.
Hope you find the rundown useful and, as always, enjoy your week!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundown sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program.]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
Monday March 13th, 2017
1. Some of your favorite Old Pasadena restaurants, bars, and lounges will offer extended food and drink promotions as part of “Get Happy” Old Pasadena Happy Hour happening March 6 to 17.
2. On the Lot in Los Feliz returns to the parking lot at Our Mother of Good Counsel Parish for a Monday-night array of gourmet food trucks from 5:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
3. Write Club Los Angeles is back at The Bootleg Theater.
4. Get your lolz on at one of the most popular variety shows in Los Angeles, Hot Tub With Kurt And Kristen happening at The Virgil.
5. Plasticity is a multi-media infused one-man show that combines family drama with a thoroughly scientific investigation of neurological function to produce something unlike you’ve ever seen before., Performances take place Saturday, Sunday, and Monday evenings at the Hudson Theatres. Highly recommended!
6. The Wedding Salon, luxury bridal showcase, will stop by the Montage Beverly Hills this Monday showcasing the best destination wedding and honeymoons ideas. Use code WELIKELA for free tickets 😉
7. The Alchemist’s Lab is an escape room experience putting you right in the shoes of a junior detective at Scotland Yard in the 19th century. Do you have what it takes to uncover the devious plans of the alchemist? Happening throughout the week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
Tuesday March 14th, 2017
8. As part of The Skirball’s free Tuesday afternoon screenings, the cultural center will host a screening of Caramel. FREE
9. New installation, California Yarnscape, opens at the Autry this Tuesday. On display till June 25, California Yarnscape features a carefully designed 60-foot yarnscape created by over 50 local artists.
10. L.A. Urban Adventures invites you to relive Old Hollywood by taking a stroll down the Hollywood Walk of Fame while stopping to hear stories about historic spots, sample drinks made famous during the Golden Age and try out local street food. Happening Tuesday and Friday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
11. Play Indiana Jones for a day with Escape Room LA: The Cavern. Find clues and solve puzzles to get your hands on a lost civilization’s ancient treasures hundreds of feet below Downtown Los Angeles! Happening Tuesday through Thursday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
12. Escape Room LA: The Detective has you inside a 1940’s film noir set up where you have to solve a slew of mysteries in order to escape. Happening Tuesday and Wednesday. DISCOUNTED via Goldstar.
13. The Wallis and Deaf West Theatre present Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Edward Albee’s At Home at the Zoo performing March 7-26. Check for discounted tickets this week before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
14. Escape Room LA: The Theatre has you trapped inside a creepy theater haunted by a ghost. The only way out is to uncover clues and puzzles to release the ghost before time runs out. Happening Tuesday and Wednesday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
15. Escape Room LA presents The Alchemist a magical medieval adventure that has you race against time to solve puzzles and clues to escape the lab of an ancient alchemist. Happening Tuesday and Wednesday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
Wednesday March 15th, 2017
17. Every Wednesday in March, Glendale Arts is offering FREE early-evening yoga classes in the forecourt of Glendale’s historic Alex Theatre. The classes are taught by Spiral Path Yoga Center. FREE
18. Every Wednesday night is Drag Queen Bingo at Hamburger Mary’s in West Hollywood. It’s a comedic event featuring transgender hosts, celebrity guests, and fabulous prizes.
***Update: event has been moved to March 29***
19. Sultry Sweet Burlesque present a Shakespeare burlesque troupe called “Toil & Trouble.” The troupe will rework scenes from Julius Casear with tantalizing striptease at the El Cid.
20. Taste of Downtown Long Beach (March 15-16) will have guests sampling food and drinks from various restaurants in the East Village Arts District. Free to attend and open to all-ages, guests purchase booklets to redeem items at select restaurants.
21. Get your sun salutations on during Grand Park’s lunch time free yoga class stop by at 12:15 p.m. yoga runs till 1 p.m. FREE
Thursday March 16th, 2017
22. The 7th annual Venice Art Crawl returns for 2017 with a quartet of community-wide celebrations to showcase what makes Venice, CA one of the most unique places to live in Los Angeles. The special theme will be ‘This Is Venice.’ FREE
23. Three Los Angeles places of significance to the LGBTQ community and civil rights are the subjects of three short films to be screened outdoors at The Viaduct @ Los Angeles State Historic Park in Chinatown.
24. Experience the food and culture of East Hollywood’s ethnic neighborhoods through a four hour foodie tour this Thursday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
25. The iconic Queen Mary in Long Beach is now a great place to see local live bands! Stop by every third Thursday of the month for Local Band Hangout happening at the Queen Mary’s Observation Bar.
26. The Virus: An Immersive Escape Room Experience happening this Thursday and the weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
27. Los Angeles Punk Museum Film Festival will open it’s doors to the public during the Venice Art Crawl for a night of punk art and films for free this Thursday. FREE
28. Throwback Thursdays at NoHo cinema screens Bullitt this week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
29. The West Coast premiere of Tyler Hubby’s documentary on the life and work of artist, musician, and educator, Tony Conrad titled Tony Conrad: Completely in the Present will screen at The Broad. There will be a post-screening conversation with Tyler Hubby and Tony Oursler moderated by Henry Rollins. Kim Gordon will close out the night with a performance.
30. Los Angeles Fashion Week takes over the city March 16 through 19 check the schedule on their website for all happenings.
31. Free admission days this Thursday for: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center , Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.) and Pasadena Museum of California Art (from 5 to 8 p.m.)
Friday March 17th, 2017
32. Hollywood’s legendary Pig’n Whistle is hosting a St. Patty’s Day Beer Fest on March 17 and 18. Discount tickets for admission are available via Goldstar while supplies last. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
33. Casey’s St. Patrick’s Day Street Festival comes to Downtown Los Angeles on March 17 for the ultimate celebration of the greenest day of the year.
34. Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at V Lounge in Santa Monica March 17 and 18. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
35. Honor St. Patty’s Day at the Kiss Me, I’m Irish: Santa Monica Bar Crawl the ultimate beach city bar hop.
36. Every Friday in March Greenbar Distillery in Downtown Los Angeles will host cocktail classes featuring seasonal and themed drinks. This week’s theme is Green Cocktails to celebrate St. Patricks Day.
38. Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at Angel City Brewery starting at noon.There will be corned beef tacos from Downtown Taco Co. and green ice cream and churros from Ridges Churro Bar. Live music starts at 6 p.m. and the party spans Friday and Saturday. No cover.
For more St. Patrick’s Day shenanigans checkout our list 21 Fun Things to do on St. Patricks Day roundup.
39. The Great Horror Movie Nights at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park will screen a St. Patricks Day cult favorite Leprechaun. The event will feature plenty of pre-show entertainment including games, prizes, and roaming scare-actors. Discount tickets are available via Goldstar while supplies last. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
40. PaleyFest L.A. is back March 17 through 26 with ten-days of panels bringing together actors, producers and directors of some of the most popular shows in the television and streaming content universe.
41. The Arcade Expo comes to the Museum of Pinball in Banning March 17 through 19 for a weekend of gaming, art, and the culture that surrounds this world.
42. The Groundlings: The Completely Different Late Show is a hilarious improv show by the cast of the Groundlings’ Main Company. Audience shout suggestions throughout the night for improvisational scenes performed by some of the best in the business. It’s also a testing ground for brand new material for the Groundlings’ main show. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
43. Second City Tours reveals the dark side of the famed Hollywood Boulevard. The walking tour, led by an informed guide will take you through ghostly crime scenes and spooky landmarks. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
44. 2Cents Theatre Group returns for the 4th annual Female Playwright & Art Festival. The popular 3-day festival will have 100 artists from playwrights to directors to actors and street artists. Happening on March 17 to 19 at the Hudson Theatres in Hollywood.
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox every week? Sign up for our email program.
Have an upcoming event you’d like suggest for listing? Drop us a line at [email protected].