You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, October 29, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The undisputed king of comics, Stan Lee is returning to L.A. for his 6th annual Comic Con at the L.A. Convention Center. Hosted on October 27-29, this annual event is a pop culture haven for comic, video game, fantasy and multi-media fans.
2. [11 a.m.] Check out Hollywood Forever Cemetery’s renowned Historic Walking Tour this Sunday. The popular, fact-filled tour are led by film historian Karie Bible.
3. [noon] The First-Ever Growlers Six Music Festival happening on October 28-29 at the Port of Los Angeles will feature acts like the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Modest Mouse, The Growlers, The B-52s, Girl Talk and more.
4. [1 p.m.] The Eagle Rock Bark Halloween Block Party and Kittie and Doggie Rescue Adoption comes to Eagle Rock City Hall on Sunday for the cutest Halloween-themed event all for a furry cause. FREE
5. [1 p.m.] There’s an All-Star Cookout happening at Mack Sennet Studios in Silver Lake this Sunday. Expect chefs like Jonathan Yao of Kato, Erwin Tjahyadi of Bone Kettle and Avner Levi of Cento Pasta Bar to grill up some good eats right before your very eyes.
6. [2 p.m.] LAVA (the Los Angeles Visionaries Association) will host a free tour of civic art in Los Angeles’ civic center. There will be an illustrated lecture focused on the rich architectural legacy of Downtown L.A.‘s civic center and a group walk to visit a number of historic and more recent civic artworks. FREE
7. [2:30 p.m.] Do you think your dog has the best Halloween costume? Enter your for legged friend in the 17th Annual Haute Dog Howl’oween Parade at Marina Vista Park in Long Beach! Expect over 500 pups during this popular annual parade through Belmont Shore.
8. [7 p.m.] he Los Angeles Master Chorale will present a Dia de los Muertos inspired concert of mostly Latin American composers, themed around “death” and “celebration.” The concert will take place at the Walt Disney Concert Hall.
9. [various] Old Pasadena Day of the Dead Weekend starts this Friday. The event features three days of music, activities, and a self-guided Tour of Altars, featuring both traditional and contemporary Day of the Dead altars (Oct. 27-29)
10. [various Immerse yourself in the beauty of the Arts and Crafts movement during the 26th Annual Craftsman Weekend, taking place in Pasadena on October 26-29.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $20 tix to the Lagunitas Beer Circus
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.