You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for Thursday, February 2, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] This will be the last week to see David Hockney’s A Bigger Book at TASCHEN Gallery (website says till Jan. 31 but we’ve been told by gallery staff it will stick around for a few days extra). FREE
2. [7:30 p.m.] Throwback Thursdays at NoHo cinema screens Harold and Maude this week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [7:30 p.m.] Fan of the late Carrie Fisher? You might want to check out a screening of Postcards from the Edgeat the Aero Theatre in Santa Monica. Fisher wrote the brilliant screenplay (based on her own book). The comedy is a semi-autobiographical story starring Meryl Streep and Shirley MacLaine.
4. [8 p.m.] Book’d will open for all literary fans at The Group Rep/Lonny Chapman Theatre in North Hollywood. This event will feature author readings, author chats, giveaways, a reception, and other bookish fun!
5. [8 p.m.] MorrisseyOke at Eastside Luv in Boyle Heights.
6. [8 p.m.] Carrie That Tune celebrates great songs written by good writers but unfortunately appeared on Broadway musicals that flopped. Watch a talented group of performers revive the songs at Bar Fedora this Thursday! DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7.[8:30 p.m.] Pinback performs Autumn of the Seraphs in its entirety at Echoplex.
8. [9 p.m.] Pretty Things Peep Show is part circus, sideshow and burlesque going down at Harvelle’s in Long Beach Thursday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [9 p.m.] Speechless at the Nerdmelt Theater.
10. [various] Free admission days this Thursday for: MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen, Skirball Cultural Center, Japanese American National Museum and Long Beach Museum of Art.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix to the ScotsFestival at The Queen Mary (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar