You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, Feb. 20, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] A large ‘Not My Preisdent’s Day‘ rally is planned at City Hall today. Even if you don’t plan to attend, good to be aware of because of potential traffic implications. FREE
2. [11 a.m.] Los Angeles County Museum of Art is free on President’s Day. FREE
3. [2 p.m.] On Monday The Abbey Food & Bar, will host a Not My President’s Day. Catch The Abbey’s dancers painted orange with blonde wigs, a dragqueen MC and themed cocktails such as Make America Gay Again and The Alternative Fact. Guests will have an opportunity to donate to the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) that night as well.
4. [7 & 9 p.m.] The Alchemist’s Lab is an escape room experience putting you right in the shoes of a junior detective at Scotland Yard in the 19th century. Do you have what it takes to uncover the devious plans of the alchemist? Happening this week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [8 p.m.] Hot Tub With Kurt And Kristen turns 12 this Monday! The anniversary special will feature some of the best and worst sketches from the past. Happening at The Virgil, special guests include Cameron Esposito, Rivers Langley, Karl Herlinger, Dave Ross, Ryan Singer and Scott Thompson. Tickets cost $8.
6. [8 p.m.] “A comatose man recreates his identity by delving deeply into his memories, while a panoply of family members and loved ones form scheming camps over grave neurological decisions” in Plasticity, a new one-man show now playing at the Hudson Theatres. Performances take place Saturday, Sunday, and Monday evenings.
7. [8:30 p.m.] Soul Nite at the Ace Hotel Upstairs Bar. FREE
8. [10 p.m.] Catch L.A.’s longest running weekly burlesque show Monday Night Tease at Three Clubs in Hollywood on Mondays. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [various] Dine Out Long Beach Restaurant Week continues through Feb. 25.
10. [various] Pan African Film & Arts Festival (Feb. 9-20) will showcase over 150 new films, along with special programs aimed towards students and the community.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $15 tix to the The Original Renaissance Pleasure Faire (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.