You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, March 11, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [ 10 a.m.] Experience a mythic universe created through video, installation, sculpture, sound, paintings, and live performance during The 14th Factory, billed as “an experience beyond art.” Opening March 11 and running through April 30 this unique experience takes place in a space in Lincoln Heights.
2. [10 a.m.] The Outlandish Time Travel Craft Faire returns to Whimsic Alley (March 11-12) Fantasy fans can shop from various arts, crafts and memorabilia vendors free of charge! FREE
3. [10 a.m.] The 4th Annual Green Living Fair comes to Moorpark Park for the ultimate celebration of nature preservation and conservation. Expect over 25 nature, conservation, preservation, and education exhibitors to be on hand to help you become more green! FREE
4. [11 a.m.] Holi Festival of Colors Los Angeles comes to Whittier Narrows Park, The Meadows for a celebration of the traditional Indian holiday. Festival is full of colors, yoga, cuisine, mantra, live bands, DJ’s, interactive dance, and more.
5. [11 a.m.] Santa Anita Park’s Big ‘Cap Beer & Cider Festival takes place this Saturday. Spend the day sampling craft beers and cider, grab a bite from some of the best local food trucks and watch the race from the sidelines. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [noon] Friends, families and book enthusiasts are encouraged to stop by the Free Bookfest at Grand Park in DTLA for a full afternoon of readings, performances, special appearances and other activities. FREE
7. [1 p.m] Rock & Reilly’s in West Hollywood is throwing their 6th Annual St. Paddy’s Block Party this Saturday. The nine-hour party will feature DJs, tasty grub, games and 100 kegs of green beer!
8. [7 p.m.] The Petersen Automotive Museum is hosting a FREE screening of Blues Brothers on Saturday where guests will enjoy complimentary popcorn and refreshments. FREE
9. [various] All-Star Chef Classic returns for its now fourth year at L.A. LIVE (March 8-11). This four-day culinary experience showcases some of the most well-respected and award-winning chefs from around the globe.
10. [various] Some of your favorite Old Pasadena restaurants, bars, and lounges will offer extended food and drink promotions as part of “Get Happy” Old Pasadena Happy Hour happening March 6 to 17.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $35 to see La La Land in concert at The Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.