You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, March 29, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] Los Pollos Hermanos (yes, that same restaurant from Breaking Bad) is popping up in Downtown Los Angeles for a two-day stint.
2. [6 p.m.] The 329 Day Carnival comes to Golden Road Brewery in Atwater Village celebrating California’s sunny weather –on average, we enjoy 329 days of sunshine per year. 329 Lager brewed on 3/29 and pints of 329 will sell for just $3.29 that day. There will also be awesome fair food, games, a photo booth, live music, face painting, specialty beer and yes, balloon animals. FREE
3. [6:30 p.m.] Every Wednesday in March, Glendale Arts is offering FREE early-evening yoga classes in the forecourt of Glendale’s historic Alex Theatre. The classes are taught by Spiral Path Yoga Center. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] Does Art Capture Reality Better Than the News? Head to The Getty Center for an in-depth conversation with photographer and documentarian Jamel Shabazz and “The Wire” creator and journalist David Simon as part of Zocalo Public Square. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] Every Wednesday night is Drag Queen Bingo at Hamburger Mary’s in West Hollywood. It’s a comedic event featuring transgender hosts, celebrity guests, and fabulous prizes.
6. [7 p.m.] The Slurring Bee makes its way to The Virgil this Wednesday for a bar spelling bee where participants pay $5 to compete, take a first Slurring Bee Shot and spell. From there on it keeps going until a queen or king bee is crowned. Winner receives half the pot, bee-themed prizes and their picture immortalized on The Slurring Bees Wall of Fame, plus automatic placement in the Tournament of Champions!
7. [7 p.m.] On Wednesday, The Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills will host a special advance screening and conversation with the cast and creative team of Prison Break.
8. [8 p.m.] Pianist Jean-Yves Thibaudet at The Wallis. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [8:30 p.m.] Jordan Blackmon DJ set at Ace Hotel Upstairs bar. FREE
10. [various] The 19th Annual Film Noir Festival at the Egyptian Theatre Hollywood will take place March 24 through April 2.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $20 for the Playboy Jazz Festival at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.