You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, May 1, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8 a.m.] “Nordic: A Photographic Essay of Landscapes, Food and People” opens for the exhibition’s only L.A. showing at Union Station’s Historic Waiting Room. Runs 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily for the month of May. FREE
2. [11 a.m.] Thousands are expected to meet for a May Day March in Los Angeles, which will begin in McArthur Park and go for about 2 miles east, culminating in Grand Park.
3. [5 p.m.] On the Lot Food Truck Night in Los Feliz.
4. [7 p.m.] Snap Impression Live at the UCB Sunset.
5. [7:30 p.m.] Into the Woods’ National Touring Cast Charity Concert at The Rockwell. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [7:30 p.m.] A specially restored version of Cecil B. DeMille’s 1934 epic Cleopatra will screen at the TCL Chinese Theater, presented by Hollywood Heritage. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [8 p.m.] Brain Party Trivia at Alex’s Bar in Long Beach.
8. [8 p.m.] The Palms at Troubadour.
9. [8 p.m.] That’s Gold – A Free Comedy Show hosted by Karl Hess & Nick Rutherford at Bootleg Theater. FREE
10. [9 p.m.] MOM LA: James Brown vs Motown feat. COSMO BAKER at The Short Stop in Echo Park. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $15 for Cal Phil Summer Sundays at Walt Disney Concert Hall (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.