You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, May 25, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8 a.m.] Nordic: A Photographic Essay of Landscapes, Food and People” continues for its only L.A. showing at Union Station’s Historic Waiting Room. This unique exhibition document the origins of Nordic cuisine through the eyes of Mangus Nilsson, a top chef who traveled for two years through Denmark, the Faroe Islands, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden, collecting traditional recipes and photographing the region’s landscapes and people. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] Björk Digital is a groundbreaking virtual reality collection of videos, featuring music from Björk’s latest album, Vulnicura, to be shown at Magic Box at The Reef in Downtown L.A. starting on May 19 and running through June.
3. [4:30 p.m.] Memorial Day weekend starts early at The Bloc. Hang out and play lawn games, sip on some cold-brews and enjoy grilled eats. There will be live music and free ice-cold beer! FREE
4. [7 p.m.] Get discount tickets to see live jazz at the Catalina Bar and Grill. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [7:30 p.m.] Band of Horses at The Greek.
6. [8 p.m.] Connan Mockasin at UCLA Royce Hall.
7. [8 p.m.] Found Footage Festival at the Downtown Independent.
8. [8:30 p.m.] Friends of Friends social hour at Ace Hotel Upstairs Bar. FREE
9. [8:30 p.m.] Comedy Store Headliner Show with Joe Rogan, Kevin Nealon, Anthony Jeselnik, Rhys Darby and Michael Rosenbaum. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] Free admission days this Thursday: MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center, Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.) and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m,)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $20 for a weekend pass to Long Beach Comic Con (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.