You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, August 24, 2016.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] The South Park 20 Experience comes to The Paley Center in Beverly Hills. Opening day is this Wednesday (noon-5 p.m.) just in time to celebrate the 20-year anniversary of the show. FREE
2. [5 p.m.] Enjoy a sunset nature walk! Every Wednesday through out the month of August, Descanso Gardens will provide free admission from 5 – 8 p.m. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] Taste of Downtown Long Beach gives locals a chance to sample a variety of food and drinks from various restaurants from Downtown Long Beach. It’s free to attend and you can participate in the tastings by purchasing tickets.
4. [7 p.m.] LA Magazine is hosting its first-annual Burgers Bourbon + Beer event and competition this Wednesday at The Victorian in Santa Monica.
5. [7 p.m] Shakespeare in the Park offers free donation-based Shakespeare performance at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park this month “The Tempest” will run Wednesdays through Sundays. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] Above Sixty hosts their weekly movie night featuring a screening of Back to the Future. FREE
6. [8 p.m.] The House of Red Velvet returns to Bar Lubitsch
7. [8 p.m.] Scot Nery’s Boobie Trap: Comedy, Magic, Acrobatics & More. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [8:30 p.m.] Jeff Garlin & Associates at Largo. Lineup includes Sarah Silverman, Margaret Cho, and a special guest. (via Ticketfly)
10. [various] The World Series of Beach Volleyball.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $15 for tix to the Dark Harbor haunted maze at the Queen Mary (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.