You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, Sep. 1, 2016.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [6 p.m.] 5th Annual Sunset & Dine.
2. [6:30 p.m.] Pokémon GO tournament and meet-up at The Wiltern. FREE
3. [7 p.m.] Shakespeare in the Park offers free donation-based Shakespeare performance at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park this month “The Tempest” will run Wednesdays through Sundays. FREE
4. [7 & 9 p.m.] Alchemist’s Lab Escape Room Treasure Hunt. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar
5. [7 p.m.] Twilight Concerts at Santa Monica Pier will feature Unknown Mortal Orchestra with Steady Holiday, Hosted by KCRW DJ Dan Wilcox. 7-10 p.m.. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] Silver Lake Picture Show screens Super Troopers. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Will Geer’s Theatricum “Under the Oaks” outdoor music series
8. [8 p.m.] Drag Queen Bingo at Grand Central Market. FREE
9. [8:15 p.m.] Top Gun screens at Rooftop Film Club. Doors open at 6 p.m.
10. [various] Cinecon Classic Film Festival
DEAL OF THE DAY: $7 tix for Eat|See|Hear at Griffith Park (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.