Los Angeles provides no limit of things to do, some awesome and some not so awesome. Since time is precious in this fast paced city, we decided to curate a list of things to do in Los Angeles every week end that’ll help you decide how you want to spend your limited supply of attention (not to mention dollars!).
This weekend (Feb. 17 to Feb. 19) includes the Chocolate & Art Show, the LA Cookie Con, Air+Style, the Santa Anita Chili Cook-Off, an opening party of White Boy Tacos, and LOTS more to choose from.
Also remember you can always go to our L.A. events calendar page to get an updated rundown of what’s happening around the city.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
Friday February 17th, 2017
1. The Chocolate and Art Show (Feb. 17-18) comes to The Vortex in Downtown Los Angeles for two nights of fine art, tasteful music, and delicious chocolate. Check for Discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. Every Friday in February Greenbar Distillery in Downtown Los Angeles will host cocktail classes featuring seasonal and themed drinks. This week’s theme is a City Series of HAVANA.
3. L.A. Urban Adventures invites you to relive Old Hollywood by taking a stroll down the Hollywood Walk of Fame while stopping to hear stories about historic spots, sample drinks made famous during the Golden Age and try out local street food. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. Thrones!, a hilarious musical parody of Game of Thrones is playing at The Hudson Theatre in Hollywood all weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. The Alchemist’s Lab is an escape room experience putting you right in the shoes of a junior detective at Scotland Yard in the 19th century. Do you have what it takes to uncover the devious plans of the alchemist? Happening all weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. Every Friday in February, the Norton Science Museum in Pasadena will host “Unexpected Romance” a film series centered around romance. This week the 1967 film Barefoot in the Park will be screened.
7. Lady & The Tramp is back on the big screen at the El Capitan Theatre (Feb. 10-19) Moviegoers can enjoy this classic love story of two pups falling in love while sharing a delicious plate of spaghetti and meatballs for a limited time only! Check for discounted tickets on Goldstar while supplies last this weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. The Wallis presents 946: The Amazing Story of Adolphus Tips a heartfelt story based set in the time of World War II showing how the human spirit prevails even in a time of destruction and death. The Times of London called it “A wonderfully life-affirming piece of theatre… touchingly and gloriously imaginative.” Check for discounted tickets on Goldstar while supplies last all weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. Pan African Film & Arts Festival (Feb. 9-20) will showcase over 150 new films, along with special programs aimed towards students and the community.
10. The Virus: An Immersive Escape Room Experience happening all weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
11. Get your sun salutations on during Grand Park’s lunch time free yoga class stop by at 12:15 p.m. yoga runs till 1 p.m. FREE
12. Free admission days this Friday for: Long Beach Museum of Art (3 – 8 p.m.) FREE
Saturday February 18th, 2017
13. Electric Dusk Drive-In, LA’s only drive-in movie will screen two love stories this weekend. Crazy Stupid Love and The Notebook. Take your pick!
14. The LA Cookie Con & Sweets Show (Feb. 18-19) returns as the West Coast’s largest baking and pastry expo. Guests will enjoy samples from over 275 local shops and brands, a kids’ zone, and the Decorators’ Showcase competition.
15. Air + Style returns to Exposition Park in LA February 18 and 19 for two days of music and big air snowboarding competitions. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
16. Ace Hotel in Downtown LA is the setting for Wikipedia Day Los Angeles. This festive day of presentations and discussions is a celebration of the crowdsourced encyclopedia’s 16th birthday. FREE
17. Hauser Wirth & Schimmel is bringing an exciting new exhibit to their gallery in Downtown Los Angeles’ Arts District. Jason Rhoades: Installations, 1994-2006 will be on view from February 18 through May 21. FREE
18. If you’re planning a big trip for 2017 or simply need some inspiration, check out the Travel & Adventure Show for a taste of cultures around the world! Happening Feb 18-19. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
19. ScotsFestival at the Queen Mary (Feb. 18-19) is a two-day fest that celebrates the cultural history of the epic ship through authentic athletics, competitions, dancing, cuisine and more! Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
***POSTPONED DUE TO RAIN UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE***
20. White Boy Tacos grand opening party will feature a full day of events which include comedy, music and face painting! All tacos are $1 until they sell out!
21. Long Beach Comic Expo at Long Beach Convention Center (Feb. 18-19) celebrates comic books and pop culture with notable guest appearances, meet and greets, various panels, and even a cosplay competition! Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
22. 2nd Annual Santa Anita Chili Cook-Off will include lots of chili tastings, craft beer, wine and world-class live racing.Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
23. Nothin’ But Sand Beach Cleanup is this Saturday at the Venice Beach Pier. These monthly beach cleanups are a great way to give back to our beaches. Simply show up, and bring a bucket if you can. FREE
24. Second City Tours presents a Santa Monica Seafood Crawl this Saturday. The two hour walking tour will have you dining at the neighborhoods most loved spots. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
25. The LA Music Show happening at Think Tank Gallery will feature live performances by indie bands, airbrush tattoos by a famous L.A. Artist, Cirque De Wunderland, craft vendors, food, a bar and more. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
26. UCB’s monthly show MY DIARY returns for one night of LOL’s, nostalgia and maybe even some tears as Lindsay Ames brings together a diverse group of comedians, actors, artists, athletes and more to dive deep into their diaries and share them through stand up, storytelling, sketch, videos and other performance outlets.
27. New Filmmakers Los Angeles (NFMLA) is celebrating Black History Month with a one-day film festival. The festival, will be held at South Park Center in DTLA and will focus on films produced by members of the black community that cover a wide range of stories and cultures.
28. “A comatose man recreates his identity by delving deeply into his memories, while a panoply of family members and loved ones form scheming camps over grave neurological decisions” in Plasticity, a new one-man show now playing at the Hudson Theatres. Performances take place Saturday, Sunday, and Monday evenings.
29. Top comics will be doing stand-up at L.A.’s legendary Comedy Store on the Sunset Strip. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
Sunday February 19th, 2017
30. Dine Out Long Beach Restaurant Week returns with a 2.0 version, Feb. 19 to 25. Guest will have a chance to savor prix fixe lunches and dinners at a special price.
31. Spend the day being pampered at the Spa-cation event presented by Los Angeles Travel Magazine. Your ticket gets you a menu of miniature spa treatments like manicures, pedicures, facials and spray tanning. Passed snacks, wine and mimosas are also included. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
32. One week before the Academy Awards, Larry Mantle and the film critics of KPCC’s AirTalk convene on the stage of the historic Theatre at the Ace Hotel in Downtown Los Angeles to discuss and debate this year’s Oscar nominees for a special taping in front of a live audience.
33. Second City Tours presents a Hollywood Food Crawl this Sunday. The walking tour will have you dining at the neighborhoods eclectic spots from pizza to tacos. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
34. Take in a few laughs at the end of the weekend at Cool Beans Comedy at the Ice House in Pasadena. FREE
35. Second City Tours presents the Los Angeles Wine and Cheese Walk where you’ll stop by three excellent spots to sample eight or more varietals of reds, whites and sparkling wines, paired with an assortment of cheeses and breads. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
36. Storey Productions presents their annual event, “The Best of SHINE” this Sunday featuring seven of their favorite stories voted on by audiences and staff in the last year. Story topics range from stories about family, life events to climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro.
37. Free admission days this Sunday for: Museum of Latin American Art and Craft and Folk Art Museum (pay what you can)
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox every week? Sign up for our email program.
Have an upcoming event you’d like suggest for listing? Drop us a line at [email protected].