Los Angeles provides no limit of things to do, some awesome and some not so awesome. Since time is precious in this fast paced city, we decided to curate a list of things to do in Los Angeles every week end that’ll help you decide how you want to spend your limited supply of attention (not to mention dollars!).
This weekend (Mar. 10 to Mar. 12) includes ArtNight Pasadena, a kite festival in Redondo, weekend two of the Descanso Gardens Cherry Blossom Festival, a free bookfest in Grand Park, at Time Travel Craft Faire and LOTS more to choose from.
Also remember you can always go to our L.A. events calendar page to get an updated rundown of what’s happening around the city.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
Friday March 10th, 2017
1. ArtNight Pasadena will celebrate the arts at over 15 venues through live music, dance, art viewing and entertainment. FREE
2. Some of your favorite Old Pasadena restaurants, bars, and lounges will offer extended food and drink promotions as part of “Get Happy” Old Pasadena Happy Hour happening March 6 to 17.
3. All-Star Chef Classic returns for its now fourth year at L.A. LIVE (March 8-11). This four-day culinary experience showcases some of the most well-respected and award-winning chefs from around the globe.
4. Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater returns to The Music Center’s Dorothy Chandler Pavilion March 8 to 12 for the West Coast premieres of r-Evolution, Dream., Untitled America, and Deep. All performances will also include Ailey’s famous masterpiece Revelations. Check for discounted tickets this weekend before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. Second City Tours reveals the dark side of the famed Hollywood Boulevard. The walking tour, led by an informed guide will take you through ghostly crime scenes and spooky landmarks. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. Every Friday in March Greenbar Distillery in Downtown Los Angeles will host cocktail classes featuring seasonal and themed drinks. This week’s theme is Prohibition Era Cocktails.
7. Tease, If You Please Burlesque Show staged at Globe Theatre spotlights acts from some of the most creative dancers in the business. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. The Groundlings: The Completely Different Late Show is a hilarious improv show by the cast of the Groundlings’ Main Company. Audience shout suggestions throughout the night for improvisational scenes performed by some of the best in the business. It’s also a testing ground for brand new material for the Groundlings’ main show. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. Thrones!, a hilarious musical parody of Game of Thrones is playing at The Hudson Theatre in Hollywood all weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. It’s music month at The Odyssey Theatre and they’ll be hosting a wide variety of local musicians all through the month of March. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
11. Get your sun salutations on during Grand Park’s lunch time free yoga class stop by at 12:15 p.m. yoga runs till 1 p.m. FREE
Saturday March 11th, 2017
13. Santa Anita Park’s Big ‘Cap Beer & Cider Festival takes place this Saturday. Spend the day sampling craft beers and cider, grab a bite from some of the best local food trucks and watch the race from the sidelines. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
14. Rock & Reilly’s in West Hollywood is throwing their 6th Annual St. Paddy’s Block Party this Saturday. The nine-hour party will feature DJs, tasty grub, games and 100 kegs of green beer!
15. The Outlandish Time Travel Craft Faire returns to Whimsic Alley (March 11-12) Fantasy fans can shop from various arts, crafts and memorabilia vendors free of charge! FREE
16. The Petersen Automotive Museum is hosting a FREE screening of Blues Brothers on Saturday where guests will enjoy complimentary popcorn and refreshments. FREE
17. Friends, families and book enthusiasts are encouraged to stop by the Free Bookfest at Grand Park in DTLA for a full afternoon of readings, performances, special appearances and other activities. FREE
18. Experience a mythic universe created through video, installation, sculpture, sound, paintings, and live performance during The 14th Factory, billed as “an experience beyond art.” Opening March 11 and running through April 30 this unique experience takes place in a space in Lincoln Heights.
19. Descanso Gardens’ Annual Cherry Blossom Festival (March 11-12) features guided walking tours, origami stations, tea tastings, Japanese-inspired food lounges and much more.
20. Looking for local goods on the westside? The Modern Artisan Marketplace will pop-up at Platform this weekend (March 11-12) with a carefully curated collection of local artisans and emerging brands.
21. The Pasadena Museum of California Art hosts Spotlight Talks on the second Saturday of every month at 2 p.m. Lead by a docent, the insightful 20-minute discussion will focus on the new Gustave Baumann in California exhibit.
22. Celebrate the 10-year anniversary of Puppet Up! – Uncensored. For the first time, the public is invited to attend this critically-acclaimed live stage show at The Jim Henson Company’s historic Hollywood studio lot.
23. The Wallis and Deaf West Theatre present Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Edward Albee’s At Home at the Zoo with performances March 7-26. Be sure to check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
24. There will be an opening reception from 6 to 9 p.m. for California painter Jeremy Lipking at Arcadia Contemporary in Culver City. The night will feature 20+ paintings inspired by the native and rural landscape of California. FREE
25. Thinking about your Halloween costume already? You’re in luck. The 5th Annual Spook Show: Halloween Festival comes to the Halloween Club in La Mirada for the biggest costume sale of all time!
26. Holi Festival of Colors Los Angeles comes to Whittier Narrows Park, The Meadows for a celebration of the traditional Indian holiday. Festival is full of colors, yoga, cuisine, mantra, live bands, DJ’s, interactive dance, and more.
27. The 4th Annual Green Living Fair comes to Moorpark Park for the ultimate celebration of nature preservation and conservation. Expect over 25 nature, conservation, preservation, and education exhibitors to be on hand to help you become more green! FREE
28. A West Side Story, is a one night art exhibit promoting work inspired by the Southern California surf and skate scene. A suggest donation is encouraged, a portion of the proceeds go to Alliance Morgan McKinzie High School’s arts program. Music, apps and beer will be available during the night.
Sunday March 12th, 2017
29. The 43rd Annual Redondo Beach Kite Festival returns to the Redondo Beach Pier on March 12 for an all-ages free afternoon of kite-flying and fun. FREE
30. This Sunday an epic culinary feast called Cochon555 will take over the Viceroy in Santa Monica. The event features 1500 pounds of heritage breed pork cooked up by gourmet chefs and over 40 types of boutique wines, craft cocktails, and artisanal brews.
31. Don’t forget The Rose Bowl Flea Market is this Sunday!
32. Dance Sundays with Debbie Allen & Friends returns to The Wallis with a special FREE Tango Dance session led by Evelyn Nacif and Jorge Visconti. The class welcomes all ages and levels. FREE
33. We know Day Light Savings Time can be a pain but the helpful folks over at Wescom are covering your coffee bill this Sunday at select Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf locations! Something to wake up for 😀 FREE
34. Los Angeles Comic Book & Science Fiction Convention will take over The Reef this Sunday. The event will feature celebrities, vendors, and loads more.
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox every week? Sign up for our email program.
Have an upcoming event you’d like suggest for listing? Drop us a line at [email protected].