You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, November 24, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11:30 a.m.] Get ready for another season of ice-skating in Downtown Los Angeles when the Bai Holiday Ice Rink returns to Pershing Square from November 16 through January 15, 2018.
2. [5 p.m.] The Holiday Light Festival Train Ride at Griffith Park is a festive one mile ride on the tracks with tens of thousands of lights to get you in the Holiday spirit. Running now through December 23 and then again from December 26 to December 30.
3. [6 p.m.] LACMA’s award winning Department of Music Program provides hundreds of free concerts and musical events every year for Angelenos to enjoy. This Friday their jazz series will come to a close with Kim Richmond. FREE
4. [6 p.m.] One of L.A.’s most magical holiday traditions, LA Zoo Lights returns November 17 through January 7 with thousands upon thousands of LED lights glowing up the zoo. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [6 p.m.] Sherman Oaks resident Mike Ziemkowski’s elaborate Christmas themed animatronic characters will return once again with Lights on Display a dazzling light show with a playlist of holiday tunes spun by the beloved snowman DJ Jingles. This year’s spectacle debuts on November 24. FREE
6. [8 p.m.] The LA Phil presents West Side Story at the Walt Disney Concert Hall. Listen to the score performed live while the re-mastered film plays on screen. Happening Friday and Sunday.
7. [9 p.m.] Asian AF Los Angeles celebrates their one year anniversary show this Friday at Upright Citizens Brigade Sunset. Stand-up by Peter Kim, screening of Cartoon Network’s We Bare Bears, improv by Voltron: The UCB Superteam and more are on the bill.
8. [various] Sanrio Village” at Tanaka Farms is a special seasonal holiday program in Irvine where guests enjoy a festive wagon tour of the 30-acre farm and photo opportunities and with Sanrio characters and Santa himself. Guests can also explore the Holiday Market Stand, offering arts, crafts, and holiday activities for families and children. Happening from November 24 through each weekend until December 17, 2017.
9. [various] Happy Place brings a bright and immersive pop-up experience to the Arts District starting today. Capture perfect Instagram moments and enjoy sweet treats as you journey through one-of-a-kind installations designed to make you smile. Runs on select dates through January 7, 2018.
10. [various] Head to Figat7th in DTLA to check out Monumental Words an art installation on view November 20, 2017 through February 17, 2018. The glowing display of three massive word sculptures will have you experience the power of words through art. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $20 tix for the Joffrey Ballet’s Romeo & Juliet at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.