You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, January 25, 2020.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] For the first time ever the South Coast Botanic Garden will host Dogs’ Day at the Garden welcoming leashed dogs to explore most of the Garden’s 87 acres. The special event features Dog Yoga with Rory, and demos from the Lomita Obedience Training Club and A Bark Idea Training. There will also be vendors selling goodies for your dogs and food, beer and wine for humans.
5. [10 a.m.] Dodgers FanFest returns with several activities for fans of the boys in blue including player interviews, games for all ages, shopping, music, food and much more. FREE
7. [10 a.m.] Market Market comes to ROW DTLA with a maker-focused event highlighting top artisans in handcrafted jewelry, apparel, accessories, apothecary, housewares, furnishings, culinary and more. Free to attend.
2. [noon] Meet skilled tattoo artists from around the world during the Golden State Tattoo Expo taking place all weekend at the Pasadena Convention Center.
3. [1 p.m.] Get a taste of authentic Japanese culture and cuisine when The Japanese Food Expo takes over Loews Hollywood Hotel on Saturday. Guests can take a stroll in Sake Alley, munch on Japanese street foods, check out workshops, see a Japanese Bluefin tuna cutting demo/tasting and a sushi robot demo. Cultural performances, food booths and travel exhibits will also be part of the expo.
4. [1 & 5 p.m.] Drunk Yoga comes to the rooftop of the Hotel Erwin in Venice Beach for four days of namaste shenanigans. Each session includes a pre-class happy hour, 45 minute yoga and a post flow “wine down”. Classes are beginner-friendly. Bring your own mat.
6. [8:30 p.m.] The 19th Annual 50 Hour Drive-by Theatre Festival is a three day fest (January 25-27) of new plays performed at LA’s most interesting NOHO theatre, Zombie Joe’s Underground.
8. [various] Over 40 museums and cultural institutions are participating in this year’s annual SoCal Museum Free-For-All. As in years past, the lineup of participants includes some museums that are free year-round (The Getty, Hammer Museum, The Broad) along with many others that normally charge admission fees (Natural History Museum, LACMA, Kidspace Museum, La Brea Tar Pits Museum, The Autry).
9. [various] Take advantage of specially priced lunch and dinner menus at one of SGV’s best dining destinations during Dine Alhambra Restaurant happening January 24-31.
10. [various] dineL.A. returns Jan. 17-31 for two weeks of exclusive lunch and dinner menus at a laundry list of the city’s finest eateries.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $15 tix to Samskara Immersive Art Experience at Wisdome LA (via Goldstar)