You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, September 21, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The 4th annual Dino Fest returns to NHMLA September 21-22 for a weekend long celebration of the prehistoric giants that one ruled the earth.
2. [11 a.m.] Fun Shui: Marketplace for Home Goods takes over Grand Central Market this Saturday for a marketplace with vendors, offering art, vintage items, homemade décor, small house plants, and scented products.
3. [noon] Sponsored by the L.A. Times, the Los Angeles Street Festival is a free two day fest featuring the FIBA 3×3 World Tour Masters a street-style basketball showdown, an open esports Super Smash Bros. tournament, music, food trucks and activities for all ages. FREE
4. [noon] The 4th annual Westchester Arts & Music (WAM) Block Party will feature music, dance, art, garden tours, community organizations, kids activities and more. FREE
5. [3 p.m.] dublab is throwing a 20th Anniversary Party at Bedrock LA with live performances, DJ sets, sound installations, activations, food trucks, drinks and more.
6. [4 p.m.] Party under a historic Los Angeles bridge when Open-Air Affair: Summer Day Party takes over The Viaduct with performances by Crazy P, Clarian, Heat-Wave DJs and Midnight Lovers DJs.
7. [6 p.m.] Head to the Hollywood Bowl for the beloved annual event Sing-A-Long Sound of Music and prepare to sing your heart out with thousands of fellow fans.
8. [various] Over 10 L.A. County Museums Will Be Free For Smithsonian Magazine’s Museum Day. Participants include the Japanese American National Museum, the GRAMMY Museum, Autry Museum of the American West, USC Pacific Asia Museum, and more. FREE
9. [various] Eagle Rock Brewery’s Oktoberfest party returns for another year of beer drinking, kraut eating competition and other feats of strength.
10. [various] Hello Kitty Friends Around the World Tour celebrates Hello Kitty’s 45-year anniversary with a multi-room, sensory-rich, brilliant walk-through adventure from September 20 through October 20. The 10,000-square-foot pop-up takes you aboard ‘Hello Kitty Air’ to virtually visit London, Paris, New York, Honolulu, and Tokyo.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $25 tix to the I Like Scary Movies Experience (via Goldstar)