You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, November 27, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5 p.m.] Enchanted: Forest of Light continues at Descanso Gardens, featuring a colorful one-mile path walk through 10 distinct light displays at unique points within the garden, including a Symphony of Oaks and a Luminous Lawn. Be sure to grab discount tickets while supplies are still available! DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [5 p.m.] The official lighting ceremony for L.A. County’s Christmas tree at Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles, on November 27, will include free hot chocolate and music from Brass Pacifica & the Antelope Valley Master Chorale.
3. [5 p.m.] The Holiday Light Festival Train Ride at Griffith Park is a festive one mile ride on the tracks with tens of thousands of lights to get you in the Holiday spirit. Running now through December 23 and then again from December 26-30.
4. [6 p.m.] One of L.A.’s most magical holiday traditions, LA Zoo Lights returns November 17 through January 7 with thousands upon thousands of LED lights glowing up the zoo. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [6 p.m.] Sherman Oaks resident Mike Ziemkowski’s elaborate Christmas themed animatronic characters will return once again with Lights on Display a dazzling light show with a playlist of holiday tunes spun by the beloved snowman DJ Jingles. This year’s spectacle debuts on November 24. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] Panel Discussion: Carlos Almaraz, Gilbert Luján, and Chicano Art at LACMA.
7. [7:30 p.m.] Join Boomtown Brewery for Monday Movie Nights, a new monthly movie screening with it’s very own theme. This month its car chases and they’ll be screening Mad Max in their private event space set up with comfy couches, craft beers, popcorn and an option to order from Purgatory Pizza. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] Hot Tub With Kurt And Kristen at The Virgil is one of the most popular weekly variety shows happening on a Monday in Los Angeles.
9. [various] Happy Place brings a bright and immersive pop-up experience to the Arts District starting today. Capture perfect Instagram moments and enjoy sweet treats as you journey through one-of-a-kind installations designed to make you smile. Runs on select dates through January 7, 2018.
10. [various] Head to Figat7th in DTLA to check out Monumental Words an art installation on view November 20, 2017 through February 17, 2018. The glowing display of three massive word sculptures will have you experience the power of words through art. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $38 tix for New Year’s Eve with Postmodern Jukebox (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.