You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, February 21, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] Celebrate Black History Month at The Paley Center for Media as they host a month long event with interactive exhibit, family activities, panels and screenings highlighting historic television moments. FREE
2. [12:15 p.m.] Take an afternoon yoga class in beautiful Grand Park. The 45 minute workout is complimentary to the public every. After yoga, checkout the many food trucks lining the park and grab lunch al fresco style.
3. [6 p.m.] There’s a party for Mikael B. mural completion at Art Share LA this Wednesday.
4. [6 p.m.] FLIX at FIG will screen Selma at FIGat7th in DTLA. The free movie screenings happen every third Wednesday of the month. A live DJ and happy hour kicks off the night at 6 p.m. and the film begins at 7 p.m. FREE
5. [6 p.m.] Come to the Frogtown Brewery this Wednesday for Beer, Bingo, & Trivia Night.
6. [7 p.m.] Every first and third Wednesday of the month, BEAR CITY brings free comedy and free pizza to Que Sera in Long Beach. FREE
7. [7 p.m.]The Super Serious Show is a comedy event produced by CleftClips featuring both established and up-and-coming talent performing an array of stand-up, sketch and musical comedy. Happening at The Virgil.
8. [7:30 p.m.] Celebrate the Year of the Dog with a free performance by China’s Sichuan opera featuring supernatural characters and stories from the spirit realm at The Hammer. FREE
9. [various] The world’s first premium cinematic VR chair, Voyager will screen three critically acclaimed short films at the Ace Hotel Downtown Los Angeles from February 19-25. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] Palm Springs Modernism Week continues February 15-25 to celebrate all things midcentury modern including architecture, art, interior landscape design and vintage culture.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.