You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, May 18, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8 a.m.] “Nordic: A Photographic Essay of Landscapes, Food and People” continues for its only L.A. showing at Union Station’s Historic Waiting Room. This unique exhibition document the origins of Nordic cuisine through the eyes of Mangus Nilsson, a top chef who traveled for two years through Denmark, the Faroe Islands, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden, collecting traditional recipes and photographing the region’s landscapes and people. FREE
2. [6 p.m.] The second Venice Art Crawl of 2017 takes place this Thursday from 6 to 10 p.m. along Venice Boulevard from Speedway near the beach to Lincoln Boulevard. FREE
3. [6:30 p.m.] The Malibu Guitar Festival comes to the beachside May 18-21 for four days of smooth sounds from some of the world’s most talented guitarists. Thursday will be the opening night benefit.
4. [7 p.m.] Mobilize, a pop-up art exhibition and benefit for the ACLU at the Standard, Hollywood. FREE
5. [7:30 p.m.] National Geographic Live: Rhinos, Rickshaws & Revolutions will take place at the Broad Stage in Santa Monica on Thursday, May 18, and Friday, May 19
6. [7:30 p.m.] Unconventional Narrative: Films of Oliver Stone is a three day series at American Cinemathique celebrating the work of the iconic filmmaker through select screenings of the director’s work, along with in-person appearances from Stone, himself. The series kicks off with a screening of Nixon, this Thursday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [7:30 p.m.] YO! Prior Raps, an art exhibition at the Cinematic Gallery at Hollywood & Highland. Opening runs from 7:30 to 10 p.m.
8. [8 p.m.] The iconic Queen Mary in Long Beach is now a great place to see local live bands! Stop by every third Thursday of the month for Local Band Hangout happening at the Queen Mary’s Observation Bar.
9. [8 p.m.] Half comedy show, half live dating app, All My Single Friends: May-ting Season takes place this Thursday at The Copper Still off Beverly Blvd. Tickets are $10.
10. [9 p.m.] Free admission days this Thursday for: Japanese American National Museum (all day.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center, the Pasadena Museum of California Art (from 5 to 8 p.m.) and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.).
DEAL OF THE DAY: $15 tix for the Father’s Day Spectacular at Magicopolis (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.