You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, September 30, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] The 36th Annual Watts Towers Day of the Drum Festival will unite all cultures through music, dance and interactive performances including a Yoruba ground blessing and drum circles. There will also be free guided tours at the historical Watts Towers Arts Center and vendors selling food and arts and crafts. Open to all ages! FREE
2. [11 a.m.] Music Tastes Good comes to Marina Green Park in Long Beach on Sept. 30 and Oct. 1 for two days of music, food, and art with music by Peaches, Sleater-Kinney and more.
3. [noon] It’s Oktoberfest time at Santa Anita Park, enjoy horse racing alongside steins of delicious German beer, a costume contest, a stein-holding competition, German “oompah” music from Bavarian Wunderband and more.
4. [noon] Join firefighting grill masters from around the city as they compete for the ultimate BBQ bragging rights during the Second Annual Fire It Up! BBQ Competition. The day will feature four hours of taste-testing some of the best BBQ in town, grilling celebrities, local firefighters and more. Hosted at the Fire Family Foundation headquarters.
5. [1 p.m.] Get a taste of Whittier’s local flavor during the Uptown Food Festival. This food tasting event will feature unlimited food samples from dozens of local restaurants.
6. [2 p.m.] Crawfish for Cancer is part festival and part fundraiser that takes place around the country. They’ll head to the Santa Monica Pier for their first L.A. event this Saturday.
7. [2 p.m.] Los Angeles Beer Fest returns for their fall edition at L.A. Center Studios with unlimited beers, live music and food trucks.
8. [3:30 p.m.] Street Food Cinema this Saturday will host an overnight camping event with a special screen of The Lost Boys to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the film. The event will take place at King Gillette Ranch in Malibu.
9. [7 p.m.] The heat is not going anywhere here in L.A. so 1886 Bar at The Raymond in Pasadena will host an Endless Summer Mezcal Party this Saturday. The event will feature one-of-a-kind mezcal tastings, signature 1886 mezcal cocktails, food prepared by The Raymond’s Executive Chef, and beats by DJ Ces.
10. [7 p.m.] Time to get in the Halloween spirit. The Los Angeles Haunted Hayride returns to The Old Zoo in Griffith Park from September 29 to October 31. This years theme is “Clown” and features four different freaky zones, a slew of demonic clowns, a corn maze and more. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $20 tix for Ty Dolla $ign at Project Club Hollywood (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.