How’s that Saturday in Los Angeles looking? Need a little help finding a to-do to build your day around? We’ve got your covered.
Below you’ll find our top three picks for today (October 1) in Los Angeles followed by a bullet list of seven other quick ideas to consider. Whatever you decide on, hope you make it a good one!
Things To Do For Saturday in Los Angeles
Wet Hoptoberfest -> Eight local breweries, including Frogtown and Far Fields, harvested hops from Sage’s 18 acre regenerative and organic farm in Fillmore to make wet hop beers, and now it’s time to taste them all in one place. Happening this Saturday at Sage Vegan Bistro’s Old Town Pasadena location, the mini festival includes unlimited taster pours, lawn games, music, vegan eats and a farm stand. Tickets are $25 per person. More info here.
Boo At The Zoo -> Starting this weekend, head to the Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens for Boo at the Zoo on any Saturday or Sunday during the month of October for an assortment of family-friendly, seasonal activities, including open-air shows, animal pumpkin feedings, themed photo ops, and education stations. Entry is included with zoo admission, which starts at $22 for adults. More info here.
Black Family Reunion -> This Saturday, Pasadena City College hosts a free day of musical entertainment headlined by MC Lyte, and featuring performances by 6lack, DJ Millie, and QUIN. Expect family-friendly games, Black-owned food and craft vendors, and plenty of fun vibes. RSVP encouraged but not required. Runs 2 to 7 p.m. More info here.
Seven More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- Nights of the Jack brings a 1-mile trail of Halloween lights and jack o’lanterns to King Gillette Ranch.
- Zombie Joe’s Urban Death Tour of Terror returns for another Halloween season starting this weekend.
- The award-winning haunted house and walkthrough experience Reign of Terror returns for its 22nd season Thousand Oaks.
- Wildlife education org Teranga Ranch comes to Sun Valley urban farm Hungry Gardens for a special, free educational session on bats called Batty for Bats.
- Bellator MMA 286 brings an exciting night of mixed martial arts action to Long Beach Arena.
- This Saturday or Sunday, Take a drive up the coast to visit the 36th Annual California Avocado Festival in Carpinteria.
- NAIJA FEST brings a celebration of Nigerian culture to DTLA’s Grand Park
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscriber to our twice weekly email newsletter!