Ready for your Sunday in in L.A.?
Below you’ll find our top three picks for today (October 2) in Los Angeles followed by a bullet list of seven other quick ideas to consider. Today is supposed to have some of the best weather we’ve had in a minute. Hope you take advantage!
Things To Do For Sunday in Los Angeles
Pup-O-Ween -> Pet owners and their pups can head to L.A. State Historic Park this Sunday for an afternoon of costumed doggies, raffles, dog massages, pet portraits and dog-friendly vendors, with a portion of the proceeds going towards Pup Culture Rescue and A Wish For Animals Foundation. Tickets are $30, and the event runs from noon to 5 p.m. Get more info here.
Angel City Oktoberfest -> Sunday’s Oktoberfest at Angel City Brewery includes special beers on tap, an Oompa band, contests in kraut eating as well as stein hoisting plus tasty German bites including pretzels from Röckenwagner and brats from Huntington Meats. More info here.
Japan Family Day -> This Sunday is Japan Family Day at Santa Anita Park, featuring a live taiko drum performance, cosplay contest, and J-pop performance. Free admission with online sign-up. More info here.
Seven More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- Nights of the Jack brings a 1-mile trail of Halloween lights and jack o’lanterns to King Gillette Ranch.
- This Saturday or Sunday, Take a drive up the coast to visit the 36th Annual California Avocado Festival in Carpinteria.
- Starting this weekend, head to the Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens for Boo at the Zoo on any Saturday or Sunday during the month of October.
- Los Angeles Haunted Hayride, the signature Halloween experience held in Griffith Park is continues today.
- This Saturday and Sunday, CatCon brings latest in feline culture to a two-day expo in Pasadena featuring cat-centric merchandise, workshops, performances, cosplay, and an immersive Kitty Kitsch Pop-Up.
- On Sunday, Cochon555’s Heritage Fire returns to Los Angeles with an all-star lineup of local chefs and artisans gathering to celebrate heritage breed livestock and heirloom produce.
- Running October 2-10, the 2022 Hola México Film Festival is the largest Mexican Film Festival outside of México, with the nine-day lineup featuring screenings at the Montalbán Theatre, LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes, and Regal Cinemas LA LIVE.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscriber to our twice weekly email newsletter!