Expect a crowd. That’s our theme today, because this Saturday features boatload of big public events around Los Angeles… all free and open to the public.
On deck for today in L.A. you’ll find Grand Ave Arts: All-Access in DTLA, Taste of Soul in Crenshaw, Procession at L.A. State Historic Park, a Fall Festival at the Original Farmers Market, and much more. Let’s get into the full list below.
Make Metro Part of Your Weekend
Grand Ave Arts: All-Access – > Dive into L.A.’s arts and culture scene when Grand Ave Arts: All Access returns to Downtown Los Angeles this Saturday. Now in its seventh year, this free community event invites Angelenos to explore DTLA’s cultural corridor and enjoy performances, workshops, and activities provided by 10+ iconic L.A. cultural institutions, including activations at The Broad, The Music Center, MOCA, and more. Plus: the event overlaps with special Dia de los Muertos programming and altars at nearby Grand Park. Runs 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. The event is free to attend, but visitors are encouraged to RSVP here.
Go Metro: Take the A or E Lines to Grand Ave Arts / Bunker Hill Station.
Three Top Picks To Do This Saturday
M = Less than .5 miles from an L.A. Metro Station, FA = Free Admission
Taste of Soul – M FA > Experience the flavors and culture of South Los Angeles at Taste of Soul this Saturday. The free family festival held on Crenshaw Blvd. between Barack Obama Blvd. and Stocker Avenue annually draws over 350,000 attendees, showcasing the neighborhood’s best with 150+ vendors. Enjoy soulful cuisine, live performances, and community all in one day. This year’s celebrity chair is Tiffany Haddish. Event runs 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. More info here.
Procession – M FA > This Saturday, Procession brings forth a dynamic celebration of the LA River’s rich history through a trio of artist-led walks/performances, each culminating at Los Angeles Historic State Park, where a festival will be held offering family-friendly art workshops, storytelling, and performances, alongside an augmented reality exhibition. Programming runs from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Free to attend. More info here.
Pasadena Playhouse Family Day – FA > This Saturday, the Pasadena Playhouse hosts a community celebration featuring children’s musicians, dancers, circus acts, arts and crafts stations, face painters, balloon animal artists, food trucks, and more. Runs 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Free to attend. More info here.
Six More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- The new JOHN REED Fitness location in West Hollywood is hosting an open house (free access) through Tuesday, including special grand opening activations and classes this Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. FA
- This Saturday marks the return of Gabba Gallery’s 11th edition of their affordable art show. FA
- This Saturday, the Silver Lake Improvement Association hosts a one-day festival celebrating The Music Box Steps, site of the 1932 Laurel & Hardy short film of the same name.
- The fall edition of the bi-annual Beverly Hills Art Show comes to Beverly Gardens Park this Saturday and Sunday with over 200 artists expected to participate. FA
- On Saturday and Sunday, the bi-annual Brewery Artwalk is back with a free two-day showcase of over 100 participating resident artists. FA
- The two-day (Saturday and Sunday) Fall Festival at the Original Farmers Market features a pumpkin patch, games, live music, and crafting for kids. FA
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!