Need advice on what to do this Saturday in Los Angeles? Don’t lose your head. We’re here to help.
On the calendar today in L.A. you’ll find Celebration Connections in DTLA, Boonion Station at Union Station, Día y Noche de los Muertos at Hollywood Forever, a Haunted Little Tokyo Block Party, and much more. Let’s get into the full list below.
Make Metro Part of Your Weekend
Celebrating Connections – M FA > On Saturday, Metro celebrates the new Historic Broadway Station with a packed day of live performances, workshops, and tours of the neighborhood, all free and open to the public. The musical lineup, curated by Metro Arts Presents, includes sets from DJ QUILO of La Papaya Club, Plaza de la Raza’s Folklor Pasión Mexicana, Rhythms of the Village Band, Spaghetti Cumbia, and the New Orleans Traditional Jazz Band. Event runs from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. More info here.
Go Metro: Take the A or E Lines to Historic Broadway Station
Three Top Picks To Do This Saturday
M = Less than .5 miles from an L.A. Metro Station, FA = Free Admission
5th annual Boonion Station – M FA > Don’t miss the 5th annual Boonion Station at Los Angeles Union Station, a family-friendly Halloween extravaganza happening this Saturday at the station’s South Patio. Fun for the whole family the area will magically transform into a spooktacular village filled with activities such as face painting, dancing, costume contests, crafts, and a unique trick-or-treating experience. Come dressed to impress, as Boonion Station will reward the Most Original, Funniest, Spookiest, and Best Group/Family costumes. More info here.
Haunted Little Tokyo Block Party – M FA > One of Los Angeles’ most historic neighborhoods is throwing a 21+ block party for spooky season. Free to attend, the Saturday night party will feature live music, a full bar, costume contest, and food. Runs 6 p.m. to midnight. More info here.
Día y Noche de los Muertos at Hollywood Forever – > The 24th Annual Día de los Muertos festival at Hollywood Forever returns this Saturday featuring unique daytime and evening events. Programming varies for the day/night events, but for both expect altars, traditional dance, art exhibits, culinary vendors, and a ceremonial procession. GA tix start at $35 for day, $60 for night. Get more info here.
Six More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- On Saturday Revenge Of will host a Comic Creators Block Party event where the public can meet their favorite local writers, artists, and showrunners through a day of panels, signings, live artists’ drawings, and more. FA
- Join Wallis Annenberg PetSpace this Saturday for Howl-O-Ween a fun day for both pets and humans.
- Attention SoCal history hounds! Presented by L.A. as Subject’s the Los Angeles Archives Bazaar invites the public this Saturday to peruse a trove of historical treasures and interact with experts from dozens of institutions and archives. M FA
- LA Succulents’ Cactus & Succulent Show is back this Saturday and Sunday with a cactus extravaganza featuring hundreds of incredible specimen plants as well as many weird and wonderful mutant plants grown by LA Succulents at their San Fernando Valley location. FA
- On Saturday, Ovation Hollywood and Dreamers Market team up for a spooky and kid-friendly afternoon of Halloween fun inside Ovation’s central courtyard. M FA
- On Saturday, Boomtown Brewery in Downtown Los Angeles hosts a free live music festival featuring six local bands and two food trucks. M FA
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!