Metro’s new K Line opened yesterday, and to celebrate the local transit system is offering free rides all weekend long on all services, including rail, bus and Metro Micro. Will you be taking advantage? Either way, there’s plenty going on to explore!
Below you’ll find our top three picks for today (October 8) in Los Angeles followed by a bullet list of seven other quick ideas to consider. Hope you have a good one.
Things To Do For Saturday in Los Angeles
Culver City Art Walk and Roll Festival -> Head to Culver City this Saturday where a four-block stretch of Washington Blvd will close to traffic for a day-long event featuring distinguished artists, live music, eclectic food trucks, wine and beer gardens, tastings, fun kid’s activities, interactive art experiences, and more. Free and open to the public. More info here.
Grand Park 10th Anniversary Concert -> On Saturday, Grand Park celebrates their 10th Anniversary with a free concert featuring performances by Tolliver, Boogaloo Assassins and Las Cafeteras. Get more info here.
Hollyhock House Family Lawn Party -> On Saturday, Bring the kids in your life to Barnsdall Park for a morning lawn gathering featuring a puppet show from Bob Baker Marionette Theater followed by family crafts. The one hour event is free, and starts at 10 a.m. More info here.
Seven More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- Self Help Graphics’ annual Dia de los Muertos exhibition returns this Saturday, accompanied by special guests, a live performance from Buyepongo, and an altar by Indigenous Wellness Collective.
- Picture This!, L.A.’s original live animated comedy show, is back with another performance at Permanent Records Roadhouse in Cypress Park.
- Carved, Descanso Gardens’ annual Halloween experience opens this weekend with an assortment of light displays and pumpkin installations.
- Nights of the Jack brings a 1-mile trail of Halloween lights and jack o’lanterns to King Gillette Ranch.
- This weekend at The Getty, you can catch a special dance performance via a collaboration between choreographer Milka Djordjevich and visual artists Victoria Fu and Matt Rich as part of the Ever Present series.
- The 9th annual Latin Jazz & Music Fest offers a free afternoon of swinging tunes, food trucks, and community booths, all taking place this Saturday at MacArthur Park.
- For two days (Saturday and Sunday), The Oddities Flea Market takes over the Globe Theatre for an off-beat shopping experience where you’ll find three floors of one-of-a-kind curiosities.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscriber to our twice weekly email newsletter!