Happy Veterans Day, Angelenos!
If you’re searching for to-dos to fill up your Saturday, you’ve come to the right place. On deck for today, you’ll find Night Games at The Music Center, Inglewood Open Studios, a Veterans Salute at Forest Lawn Hollywood, a pop-up performance at Hauser & Wirth, Creative Babe Market at the Original Famers Market, and more. Whatever you choose, we hope you make the most of it!
Make Metro Part of Your Weekend
Night Games at The Music Center -> This Friday and Saturday head over to the Jerry Moss Plaza at The Music Center for Night Games, a weekend of gameplay under the stars featuring multiplayer showdowns and single-player experiences, all created by independent developers. Runs 6 to 11 p.m. each night, and free to attend. More info here.
Go Metro: Take the B or D Lines to Grand Park / Civic Center station OR take the A or E Lines to Grand Ave Arts / Bunker Hill Station.
Three Top Picks To Do This Saturday
M = Less than .5 miles from an L.A. Metro Station, FA = Free Admission
Inglewood Open Studios – M FA TP > This annual two-day Art Walk happening this Saturday and Sunday takes visitors on self-guided tours of art spaces and exhibition spaces in the City of Inglewood. All galleries will be free to enter, and some will offer special programming and workshops to accompany the art walk. There will also be free shuttle service provided by the city during the two day event. Runs noon to 5 p.m. both days. Get more info here.
Forest Lawn’s 64th annual Veterans Day Celebration – FA > Forest Lawn’s annual Veterans Day Celebration invites the public to the Hall of Liberty in Forest Lawn-Hollywood Hills on Saturday for a salute to the American armed forces. The day time event features a flyover, patriotic music, an invocation and benediction, a color guard, a wreath laying, family-friendly activities, and more. Let’s come together to honor and show appreciation for the members of the United States Military in this special commemoration. Starts at 11 a.m. More info here.
The Performance Project at Hauser & Wirth and Del Vaz Projects Present ‘Our name is Moving’ – M FA > This Saturday Hauser & Wirth hosts a performance by Puerto-Rican collective Poncili Creación as part of an exhibition programming series for Nonmemory. More info here.
Six More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- On Saturday, Creative Babe Market pop-ups at The Original Farmers Market highlighting 100+ small female-owned businesses.
- The American Cinematheque’s Ultra Cinematheque 70: Hollywood is back at the Egyptian Theatre from Saturday, November 11 through Tuesday, November 21.
- This Saturday, The Getty Center’s Selected Shorts is back in collaboration with the online reading community Belletrist.
- The Ivy Station Night Market returns this Saturday to help you holiday shopping at this autumnal edition of our monthly night market on the Ivy Station lawn in Culver City.
- Berman Ceramic Arts, the longest-running ceramics studio in Los Angeles (founded in 1972) will host their annual sale this Saturday and Sunday.
- The Vulture Festival is back this Saturday and Sunday for a slate of programing that includes actors in conversation, special screenings and panels, rare performances and workshops.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!