How’s your weekend? Ready for more. Let’s do it.
On tap for this Sunday in L.A., you’ll find day two of Inglewood Studios, a KCRW dance party at the Port of L.A., Repentance Comedy at The Elysian, Making Memories Festival, the Autumn Festival at AoP, and more. Our full rundown starts below!
Make Metro Part of Your Weekend
Inglewood Open Studios – M FA TP > This annual two-day Art Walk happening this Saturday and Sunday takes visitors on self-guided tours of art spaces and exhibition spaces in the City of Inglewood. All galleries will be free to enter, and some will offer special programming and workshops to accompany the art walk. There will also be free shuttle service provided by the city during the two day event. Runs noon to 5 p.m. both days. Get more info here.
Go Metro: Take the K Line to Downtown Inglewood Station.
Three Top Picks To Do This Sunday
M = Less than .5 miles from an L.A. Metro Station, FA = Free Admission
How Does a Community Move With Music? A Diaspora Dance Party – FA TP > This Sunday, Zócalo and KCRW are hosting a dance party at the Port of L.A., bringing together people to celebrate the music and cultures from our global diasporas. With sets by KCRW DJ Raul Campos, Wilmington DJ Mario “Dred” Lopez, and special emcee Gustavo Arellano from the Los Angeles Times, it’s a chance to dance, enjoy art activities by LA Commons, explore a pop-up Wilmington Art Walk, and connect with new music and each other. Best part? It’s free to attend! The first 100 guests to check in and get a wristband will receive complimentary food from local vendors. More info here.
REPENTANCE Comedy Show -> Join Ahamed Weinberg (Colbert) and Mekki Leeper (Jury Duty) as they present REPENTANCE this Sunday at Elysian Theater. REPENTANCE is a monthly comedy benefit for the Downtown Women’s Center, showcasing the finest comedians in Los Angeles. Tickets are available for $15. More info here.
3rd Annual Making Memories Festival – M > November is Alzheimer’s Awareness Month, and for the third year in a row Alzheimer’s Los Angeles hosts a special benefit concert at LA State Historic Park to raise funds and awareness for the cause. Happening this Sunday, this year’s festival lineup features with Ozomatli and special guests J.Rocc, Beaux Gris Gris & The Apocalypse, La Misa Negra, and Monalisa. Expect food truck vendors, games, special activities, and an exhibitor area as well. Tickets are $35 in advance online, or $40 day-off. Get more info here.
Six More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- The Santa Monica Pier hosts a community Wellness & Waves series on six select dates this fall. The next one takes place this Sunday from 9 to 10 a.m. More info here.
- The Autumn Festival at The Aquarium of the Pacific continues on Sunday.
- The American Cinematheque’s Ultra Cinematheque 70: Hollywood is back at the Egyptian Theatre from Saturday, November 11 through Tuesday, November 21. Sunday features a screening of West Side Story (1961).
- Berman Ceramic Arts, the longest-running ceramics studio in Los Angeles (founded in 1972) will host their annual sale this Saturday and Sunday.
- This Sunday, East Hollywood izakaya Budonoki and Holy Basil are coming together for a special “Thai-zakaya” event
- The Vulture Festival is back this Saturday and Sunday for a slate of programing that includes actors in conversation, special screenings and panels, rare performances and workshops.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!