The feast is over. The stomach has been stuffed. Now, it’s time to activate your weekend (and there is still plenty of weekend to activate!).
For this post-Thanksgiving Saturday in Los Angeles, you’ll find a holiday celebration at Baldwin Hills Crenshaw, pop-up markets for Small Business Saturday, free pop-up mini golf at Ivy Station, the Nutcracker Suite at American Contemporary Ballet, a Krampus pop-up at Lost Property Bar, and more. Check out our full list of picks below.
Make Metro Part of Your Weekend
Santa’s Grand Arrival – M FA > Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Mall kicks off the holiday season with a free event this Saturday featuring a toy giveaway (while supplies last), live musical performances, a special reading by Santa’s elf, and of course meet-and-greets with the rosy-cheeked man in red. Runs 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. More info here.
Go Metro: Take the K Line to Martin Luther King Jr Station.
Three Top Picks To Do This Saturday
M = Less than .5 miles from an L.A. Metro Station, FA = Free Admission
Sun & Sea Collective Pop Up Market – FA > El Segundo’s outdoor mall The Point celebrates Small Business Saturday with a pop-up event featuring 25 local vendors offering apparel, jewelry, plants and more. Plus: There will be live music, and Santa Claus will be there too. Runs 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free to attend. More info here.
The Nutcracker Suite – M > Starting this Saturday, the American Contemporary Ballet will once again perform their annual one-of-a-kind version of the Tchaikovsky classic. Performances take place on select Thursdays to Sundays through December 24. Tickets cost between $70 to $135. More info here.
MUAM Market – FA > This Saturday explore MUAM Market, an open-air market featuring over sixty independent Asian creators showcasing jewelry, clothing, art, and food. dublab and In Sheep’s Clothing will also present Radio M2, a temporary radio station in the district. The studio, nestled within the district, houses a curated collection of vinyl records, music accessories, and live broadcasts. More info here.
Six More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- Ivy Station creates a free pop-up mini golf course on their lawn from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday. FA M
- Enchanted: Forest of Light continues this weekend at Descanso Gardens.
- The LA Auto Show wraps up this Saturday and Sunday at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
- The multimedia adaption of the the holiday classic Love Actually returns to the stage of The Wallis in Beverly Hills on select dates through December 31. M
- A Krampus-themed experience takes over Lost Property Bar in Hollywood with a ticketed ($25) one-and-a-half-hour experience featuring macabre craft cocktails and an interactive experience with evil elves and Krampus himself. M
- Starting this weekend, Holiday Road returns to King Gillette Ranch in Calabasas.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!