Ready to tackle your Saturday in Los Angeles? We’re here to help.
On tap for today you’ll find holiday sing-alongs at Disney Concert Hall, Beyond The Streets Holiday Market, Shogun Santa in Little Tokyo, the Queer Mercado in East L.A., Movie Interruption at Dynasty Typewriter, and more. Check out all of our Saturday recommendations below… and enjoy!
Make Metro Part of Your Weekend
Shogun Santa – > This Saturday and Sunday, Little Tokyo’s Shogun Santa makes his annual appearance in Japanese Village Plaza ready for photo opps with kids, families, pups and adults. The event runs 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. both days. More info here.
Go Metro: Take the A or E Line to Little Tokyo Station
Three Top Picks To Do This Saturday
M = Less than .5 miles from an L.A. Metro Station, FA = Free Admission
Deck the Hall Holiday Concerts at The Walt Disney Concert Hall – M TP > There’s something for everyone at LA Phil’s annual Deck the Hall series, which returns to Walt Disney Concert Hall this week. The series continues on Saturday with LA Phil’s annual Holiday Sing-Along, which will include performances at 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Tickets start at $64. More info here.
Beyond The Streets Holiday Market – FA > The BEYOND THE STREETS Holiday Market runs this Saturday and Sunday and features over 100 artist products including rare and hard-to-find artworks and collectibles from artists, hip-hop heavyweights, and influential culture creators. It’s a golden opportunity for attendees to explore and acquire pieces. This shopping event welcomes families and even four-legged companions. There will be holiday treats, free strikers and totes while supplies last, and gift wrapping. Complimentary coffee will be served by The Mad Barista for early birds too. Runs 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days. More info here.
The Queer Mercado – M FA > The Queer Mercado brings queer product and food vendors to the East L.A. Civic Center every third Saturday of the month. In addition to shopping the market will also feature drag performances, DJ, and other live entertainment. Runs 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. More info here.
Six More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- Earle’s on Crenshaw is co-hosting a Makers Market featuring live DJs and local vendors at Crenshaw Square on Saturday. FA
- This Saturday at Dynasty Typewriter, Doug Benson hosts a “your choice” version of his Movie Interruption series alongside special guests Marc Maron and Ian Karmel. M
- On Saturday, The Goor Bar and Bad Good Art Club team up for the 2nd Annual Lit AF Holiday Market in Long Beach. FA
- The UnCabaret: The UnHoliday Show! returns to The Nimoy Theater in Westwood on Saturday.
- On Saturday head to the Westwood Branch Library for Theatre 40’s annual holiday readings. FA
- This Saturday, the Grammy-winning ensemble Spanish Harlem Orchestra comes to BroadStage with Salsa Navidad, a unique holiday concert of American Christmas classics arranged in a Latin/Salsa style.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!