Another weekend, another list to help you kickstart your Saturday in Los Angeles.
For today in L.A., you’ll find, the Winter Open House at Bergamot Station, the Marina de Rey Holiday Boat Parade, a poetry activation to celebrate Metro’s K Line, the Echo Park Community Parade, and more. Hope you enjoy your day!
Make Metro Part of Your Weekend
We Are Here: Poetry Along the K -> This Saturday, Metro presents We Are Here: Poetry Along the K, an afternoon of spoken performance presented in conjunction with Here: Arts & Culture Along the K, a free art exhibition currently on view at the Museum of African American Art at Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Plaza. The program runs from 2 to 4 p.m. and is also free to attend. More info here.
Go Metro: Take the K Line to Martin Luther King Jr. Station.
Three Top Picks To Do This Saturday
M = Less than .5 miles from an L.A. Metro Station, FA = Free Admission
Winter Open House at Bergamot Station – M FA TP > This Saturday, the Winter Open House at Bergamot Station features a full day of gallery receptions, artist talks, food, and live in-gallery musical performances. Special events begin at 10 a.m. More info here.
Marina Del Rey Holiday Boat Parade – FA > The Marina del Rey Holiday Boat Parade returns on Saturday for the 61st edition, offering musical entertainment, food trucks, and a pre-parade fireworks display. The public can enjoy from viewing spots at Burton Chace Park and Fisherman’s Village. The parade begins at 6 p.m., immediately preceded by the fireworks display. More info here.
The Echo Park Community Parade – FA TP > The Echo Park Community Parade returns this Saturday with a route on Sunset Blvd running from Vin Scully to Park Ave. The parade starts at 11 a.m. More info here.
Six More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- On Saturday, the 68th Compton Christmas Parade runs along Compton Blvd from Bullis St to Alameda, with a 2023 theme fo “Around the World”. FA
- Altadena’s one-mile stretch of Deodar Cedars gets decked out in holiday lights, and to mark the beginning of the 2023 transformation, this Saturday there will be family-friendly festival at Altadena Library featuring food, drink, and arts and crafts vendors. FA
- On Saturday, The Getty celebrates the exhibition Alfredo Boulton: Looking at Venezuela (1928–1978) with a free jazz performance, discussion event, and complimentary bites. FA
- Indie artisan market Jackalope pops up in Downtown Burbank on Saturday and Sunday, covering a stretch of San Fernando Blvd from Magnolia to Angeleno during the two-day event. Expect over 170 vendors offering hand-crafted artisan goods, visual art, photography, jewelry, paper goods, housewares, and more.
- The December edition of the Canoga Park Block Party this Saturday features 50+ vendors, including special holiday programming. FA
- The Goddess Mercado brings 50+ women owned businesses plus the East LA Farmers Market and live music to the East L.A. Civic Center on Saturday. FA
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!