It’s L.A. Art week, which means this Saturday’s list is packed full of–you guessed it–art events. But there’s also a travel convention, a rescheduled Lunar New Year celebration, and some cute AF dogs in costume for Mardis Gras at the Original Farmers Market.
Below you’ll find our top three picks for today (February 18) in Los Angeles followed by a bullet list of seven other quick ideas to consider. Hope you make it a good one!
Things To Do For Saturday in Los Angeles
Refik Anadol: Living Paintings -> Today, the Jeffrey Deitch gallery welcomes Living Paintings, Refik Anadol’s first major solo exhibition in Los Angeles. Recognized for his AI data paintings and sculptures, the exhibition will showcase a series of Anadol’s works based on California-related datasets including weather data in L.A. and images of national parks. The show will also include the artist’s traveling Infinity Room. The exhibit runs Feb. 14 through April 29 and the artist reception will be held this Saturday, February 18 from 6 to 8 p.m. More info here.
Mardis Gras at the Original Farmers Market -> The Original Farmers brings a piece of New Orleans to Los Angeles this Saturday and Sunday with colorful day of activities including live music, kids crafts, the “Mutti Gras” parade and costume contest (Saturday only), a beignet pop-up tent, and more. Activities start at noon on both days. Free to attend. More info here.
Lunar New Year at UPAM -> USC Pacific Asia Museum’s rescheduled Lunar New Year celebration takes place this Saturday with a slate of cultural performances, including lion dance, martial art demos, storytelling, classical music, and more. Admission is free with advance registration. Runs 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. More info here.
* Goldstar Discounts -> Remember that Goldstar.com has great deals on tickets for a range of upcoming events in Los Angeles. You can get $25 tix to Mardis Gras at Santa Anita Park, $20 tix to LA Phil’s Green Umbrella series, or $10 tix to a Secret Movie Club double-feature of Some Like It Hot & The Apartment.
* We Like L.A. receives commissions on Goldstar purchases made through our affiliate links.
Seven More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- The L.A. Art Show offers 180,000 feet of exhibition space at the L.A. Convention Center, highlighting 120 galleries, museums, and non-profit arts organizations from around the world.
- Frieze Los Angeles pops up at the Barker Hangar in Santa Monica through Sunday.
- The Pasadena Black History Parade and Festival kicks off this Saturday at 10 a.m. at the intersection of Fair Oaks Avenue and Figueroa Drive.
- This Saturday and Sunday, the Photographic Arts Council Los Angeles host Photo Forward Los Angeles, a photo fair that features both vintage and contemporary works.
- The Los Angeles Travel & Adventure Show brings hundreds of the top travel brands from around the world head to the Los Angeles Convention Center this Saturday and Sunday.
- Common Space Brewery celebrates Mardis Gras this Saturday with a day of vegan bites, craft beer, live jazz from Shogo Elefson Group, and sustainable throws (instead of the usual plastic beads).
- The fifth edition of Felix Art Fair takes over The Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel with an international roster of 60+ galleries occupying both indoor and outdoor spaces of the iconic hotel.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!