It’s a holiday weekend Sunday and there’s lots to do. So what’s on your agenda?
Below you’ll find our top three picks for today (February 19) in Los Angeles followed by a bullet list of seven other quick ideas to consider. Hope you make it a great day!
Things To Do For Sunday in Los Angeles
Broken Hearts Circus -> If you’re feeling the post-Valentine’s Day blues, head to Angel City Brewery this Sunday for an afternoon of aerialists, stilt-walkers, contortionists, jugglers, sword swallowers, and tarot card readers. There will be plenty of beers on tap, and guests can also enjoy specialty slushies along with flight and candy pairings (including vegan candy options). Doors open at noon, entertainment starts at 1 p.m. Free to attend. More info here.
Las Abuelitas Kitchen -> This Sunday, Skirball Cultural Center’s Las Abuelitas Kitchen brings an evening of film, food, and conversation featuring USC Food Scholar Sarah Portnoy. Guests will watch a short documentary about ten Mexican elders, enjoy live food demos with three abuelitas from the film and view a small exhibition of Mexican culinary artifacts. Runs 4-6 p.m. Tickets cost $30 a person. More info here.
The Vertical Stage -> This Saturday and Sunday the Fairmont Century Plaza transforms its façade into a 19-story vertical dance floor for a spectacular aerial performance by BANDALOOP. There are four 25-minute ticketed performances this weekend and prices start at $55. Guests will have a few options for tickets from a viewing and cocktails to VIP seating and dinner credits. More info here.
* Goldstar Discounts -> Remember that Goldstar.com has great deals on tickets for a range of upcoming events in Los Angeles. You can get $25 tix to Mardis Gras at Santa Anita Park, $20 tix to LA Phil’s Green Umbrella series, or $10 tix to a Secret Movie Club double-feature of Some Like It Hot & The Apartment.
* We Like L.A. receives commissions on Goldstar purchases made through our affiliate links.
Seven More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- Through Sunday, the L.A. Art Show offers 180,000 feet of exhibition space at the L.A. Convention Center, highlighting 120 galleries, museums, and non-profit arts organizations from around the world.
- This Sunday’s Family Bird Festival at the California Botanic Garden in Claremont celebrates birds with a day of interactive educational activities, crafts, and info booths that will teach visitors of all ages about birding, bird habitats, birds frequently seen in Southern California
- The L.A. Chinatown Firecracker race is back this weekend with a two-day event that includes a bike race and dog walk on Saturday, then 5k and 10k runs/walks on Sunday. The post-race expo includes vendors and booths as well as a new Chalk Art Festival and Boba Garden, plus a children’s carnival for the Kiddie Run participants
- This Saturday and Sunday, the Photographic Arts Council Los Angeles host Photo Forward Los Angeles, a photo fair that features both vintage and contemporary works.
- The Los Angeles Travel & Adventure Show brings hundreds of the top travel brands from around the world head to the Los Angeles Convention Center this Saturday and Sunday.
- The fifth edition of Felix Art Fair takes over The Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel with an international roster of 60+ galleries occupying both indoor and outdoor spaces of the iconic hotel.
- The Original Farmers brings a piece of New Orleans to Los Angeles this Saturday and Sunday with a Mardis Gras celebration featuring live music on the plaza and west patio.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!