New month. New Saturday. Same mission. Let’s find you some things to do!
Below you’ll find our top three picks for today (April 1) in Los Angeles followed by a bullet list of seven other quick ideas to consider. It’s looking like 70 and sunny this afternoon, so I hope you enjoy the heck out of it.
Things To Do For Saturday in Los Angeles
City of STEM Festival and LA Maker Faire -> City of STEM the biggest festival of science, technology, engineering and math in Los Angeles and Los Angeles Maker Faire, the region’s largest gathering of creative thinkers will both take place at LA Historic Park this Saturday. The event features free STEM activities and special guests and participants like Bill Nye, to NASA and major museums. Runs 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. More info here.
L.A. Beer Fest -> On Saturday, the 15th annual L.A. Beer Fest brings 80+ breweries together with over a dozen top local food trucks for a day of tastings, music, and fun, all at L.A. Center Studios. General admission starts at $50 per person. More info here.
Washed Ashore: Art to Save the Sea -> A new exhibit opens at the South Coast Botanic Garden this Saturday aimed to highlight the polluting effects of single-use plastics on our ocean environment, and provoke ideas toward sustainability. Washed Shore: Art to Save the Sea features 16 sea-animal sculptures all made from debris found on beaches and collected by the non-profit of the same name (Washed Ashore). The sculptures can be viewed as part of general admission to the garden ($15 for adults), and there’s an add-on “adventure tour” that costs an additional $29. More info here.
* Goldstar Discounts -> Remember that Goldstar.com has great deals on tickets for a range of upcoming events in Los Angeles. Get $15 tix to Street Food Cinema at L.A. State Historic Park, $30 tix to Cirque Du Soleil: Corteo at Microsoft Theater, or $40 tix to Hairspray at The Dolby Theatre.
* We Like L.A. receives commissions on Goldstar purchases made through our affiliate links.
Seven More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- Corgi Beach Day returns to Huntington Dog Beach this Saturday with a day of corgis, cuteness, and local vendors.
- Melrose Rooftop Theatre kicks off its seventh season at E.P. & L.P. with a screening of Grease.
- The Bob Baker Marionette Theater’s ¡FIESTA! is “love letter to Latin America” featuring a marionette lineup of dancing cacti and colorful birds, marimba maestros from Xochimilco, a brand new Día de Muertos sequence, and a newly outfitted marionette mariachi band inspired by Mariachi Arcoiris de Los Ángeles
- 626 Night Market returns to Downtown Santa Monica this Saturday and Sunday with the “mini” version of their popular Asian-fusion food market.
- This Saturday and Sunday, Santa Anita Park hosts a barbecue competition alongside carnival games and fun activities.
- The Other Art Fair is back at The Barker Hangar in Santa Monica with a four-day event featuring thousands of original art works, immersive installations, DJ’d music, and drinks.
- The Wende Museum in Culver City hosts a festive day of activities to celebrate for two new exhibitions, Vietnam in Transition: 1976 – Present and David Bowie in the Soviet Union.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!