It’s a little overcast as we step into this Saturday in Los Angeles, but don’t let that deter you. Lots going on as we close out April in the Southland.
Below you’ll find our top three picks for today (April 29) in L.A. followed by a bullet list of seven other quick ideas to consider. Enjoy your day!
Things To Do For Saturday in Los Angeles
The 13th Eclectic Music Festival & Art Crawl -> The South Pasadena festival returns on Saturday with dozens of diverse musical acts on stages and intimate venues all across town. An array of other activities are also on the dock including open galleries, beer and wine gardens, family friendly things to do, food trucks, an Artisans’ Alley marketplace and a South Pas Vintage Village. Runs 3 to 10 p.m. Free to attend. More info here.
Jackalope Pasadena -> Jackalope brings its artisan market back to Central Park in Old Pasadena for a two-day event showcasing this Saturday and Sunday featuring over 200 local vendors selling indie goods, clothing, jewelry, home decor, housewares, art, photography, and food. Outdoors. All-ages. Free to attend. Runs 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days. Get more info here.
Street Food Cinema -> The 2023 lineup of Street Food Cinema kicks off on Saturday with a screening of the Oscar-winning Everything Everywhere All At Once at The Autry on April 29. SFC screenings continue weekly through the rest of the summer (film dates are up through June 24 as of publication of this post) at venues including Verdugo Park and L.A. State Historic Park. Advance GA tickets start at $22. More info here.
* Goldstar Discounts -> Remember that Goldstar.com has great deals on tickets for a range of upcoming events in Los Angeles. Get $20 to wine and chamber music nights at Disney Concert Hall, $14 tix to the LA County Fair, or $40 tix to Cirque Du Soleil: Corteo at Microsoft Theater.
* We Like L.A. receives commissions on Goldstar purchases made through our affiliate links.
Seven More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- On Saturday, Head to Griffith Observatory to try out telescopes, gaze at celestial objects, and pick the brain of volunteers from the Los Angeles Astronomical Society, the Los Angeles Sidewalk Astronomers, and The Planetary Society, who will all gather as part of the Observatory’s monthly Star Party series.
- This Saturday, Grand Performances and Pakistan Arts Council, LA present a performance by singer and composer Ali Pervez Mehdi. The concert takes place at California Plaza from 6 to 10 p.m. and is free to attend.
- The twice annual open studio weekend at the Brewery Art Complex returns this Saturday and Sunday with dozens of participating artists showcasing their works. Free to attend. Runs 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. both days.
- This Saturday, People Assisting the Homeless (PATH) hosts its second annual food fundraiser, Taste of Home, at Sunset Las Palmas Studios in Hollywood. Over 30 local vendors will participate including Ayara Thai, Shlap Wings and Irv’s Burgers. Tickets start at $95.
- Open Stage at The Elysian Theater is an open invite for performers looking to workshop their comedic ensemble (meaning two or more people) material to a live audience. Also, free pizza! The next edition of the series runs this Saturday from 2:30 to 5 p.m.
- This Saturday and Sunday, the Renegade Craft Fair takes over the Santa Monica Airport Interim Open Space for two days of exploring over 200 small businesses, makers and artists. Runs 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days.
- Twenty pizza vendors are expected to fire up their signature pies for the brand new Pizza City Festival at L.A. LIVE on Saturday and Sunday.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!