Is today the beginning of of an epic holiday weekend? Or maybe it’s just another Saturday. Either way, we’ve got a few fun ideas for how you’ll want to spend it.
Here’s the breakdown: One great idea where you can get there by Metro, three top picks to point you in the right direction, and six other quick ideas for those who just need lots of options. Whatever you decide on, hope you make it a good one.
Make Metro Part of Your Weekend
Want to do something fun you can get to without a car? On Saturday, head to Pershing Square in DTLA for Preciosa Fest, a Latinx/e pride festival celebrating the BIPOC and LGBTQ+ communities with DJ sets, live performances, a silent disco, special vendors, and more. Free to attend. Runs 2 to 11 p.m. More info here.
Go Metro: Take the B or D Line to Pershing Square station
Three Top Picks To Do This Saturday
M = Less than .5 miles from an L.A. Metro Station, FA = Free Admission
Tonalism at Descanso Gardens -> On Saturday, LAist and dublab team up for an vibey night party at Descanso Gardens featuring DJ sets, live projections, and other multimedia elements. Guests are encouraged to bring their pillows, cushions, and sleeping bags to use as they relax to the sights and sounds. In other words… it’s going to be very chill. Starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $35. More info here.
Anime Culture Experience – FA > This Saturday, Anime Culture Experience brings an evening of anime culture, cosplay, special vendors, food, and cars to The Hangar at Long Beach Exchange. Free to attend. Runs 4 to 8 p.m. More info here.
Red, White and Lights Laser Show – FA > The City of San Fernando hosts their Fourth of July Fest this Saturday, with the lineup of entertainment to include a ninja obstacle course, a pie eating contest, special vendors, carnival games, and a laser light show (no fireworks) to cap things off. Starts at 6 p.m. at the San Fernando Mall. Free to attend. More info here.
Six More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- This Friday to Sunday, the 626 Night Market is back at its flagship location at Santa Anita Park with over 300 food, merch, and craft vendors.
- The 2023 season of Shakespeare By The Sea continues this Thursday to Saturday at Point Fermin Park in San Pedro with a production of Hamlet. FA
- Cinespia film screenings are back at The Hollywood Forever Cemetery every Saturday in July, beginning with a showing of Pee Wee’s Big Adventure followed by a fireworks show to start off the month.
- Uptown Flea is hosting a Night Market in Whittier this Saturday and Sunday featuring 200 vendors and DJ’d music. FA
- L.A. County Department of Parks and Rec will host pre-4th of July laser light shows at three locations on Saturday: El Cariso Park (Sylmar), Magic Johnson Park (Los Angeles), and Valleydale Park (Azuza). Each event begins at 8:30 p.m. FA
- The lineup for this Saturday’s Dynasty Tonight at Dynasty Typewriter includes Margaret Cho, Luke Mones, Ever Mainard, Jenny Yang, and Nico Santos.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!