A block party. An Arts Crawl. A Bridge Fest. KCRW Summer Nights. Lots going on this Saturday in Los Angeles, and per usual we’re here to help bring you the highlights.
The breakdown: One great idea where you can get there by Metro, three top picks to point you in the right direction, and six other quick ideas for those who just need lots of options. Whatever you decide on, hope you make it a good one.
Make Metro Part of Your Weekend
In our latest collaboration with L.A. Metro, we give you a few quick tips on checking out KCRW’s month long summer nights series at The Hammer Museum in Westwood. The Santa Monica-based NPR affiliate is throwing parties every Thursday for the rest of the month, and it just so happens that getting to the museum on Metro’s 720 rapid bus line is pretty darn easy.
But if Thursday is a bit too early to start your weekend, then keep in mind KCRW hops over to Little Tokyo this Saturday for a party at the courtyard in front of the Museum of Contemporary Art and the Japanese American National Museum. Expect live sets from KCRW DJs Travis Holcombe and SiLVA, plus food trucks, a beer garden and free after hours access to both museums. More info here.
Go Metro: Take the A or E Lines to Little Tokyo Station
Three Top Picks To Do This Saturday
M = Less than .5 miles from an L.A. Metro Station, FA = Free Admission
Bergamot Station Block Party – M FA > Creative Arts Complex Bergamot Station will host a community celebration this Saturday offering guests access to the campus galleries plus live music, comedy shows, a photography book sale, and live painting and pet portrait commissions. Free to attend, no reservation required. Runs noon to 8 p.m. Get more info here.
South Pasadena Arts Crawl – M FA > This Saturday, the South Pasadena Business District activates with a free event featuring art exhibitions and interactive activities, open houses, food and drink specials, and sales from local businesses on and round Mission Ave. Runs from 3 to 8 p.m. More info here.
Colorado Street Bridge Party -> After a five-year hiatus, the annual Colorado Street Bridge Party in Pasadena returns this Saturday with an evening of live music, dancing kid’s activities, food, craft beer, cocktails and a car show. Tickets are $35, with proceeds to benefit Pasadena Heritage. Children 12 and under are free. More info here.
Six More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- This Saturday and Sunday, The 42nd annual Lotus Festival at Echo Park Lake honors the people and culture of Indonesia with live music, children’s activities, a lantern launch, a dragon boat races, and more. FA
- Grand Performances continues their 2023 concert schedule with Garrett Saracho this Saturday. M FA
- Marina del Rey host free concerts at Burton Chace Park on three dates this month, including a performances by MDR Symphony this Saturday. FA
- NoHo Summer Nights brings film screenings and/or live performances to North Hollywood Recreation Center every Saturday through September 2. This weekend, catch a screening of Selena. M FA
- The BBoy | BGirl Summit pops up at Plummer Park in WeHo for a day of workshops performances, and discussions. FA
- Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles Concerts continue with Soulection DJs: Joe Kay, Andre Power, Anastazja. M FA
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!