Okay, let’s see what we can do about entertaining you for this Saturday in Los Angeles.
Here’s the breakdown: One great idea where you can get there by Metro, three top picks to point you in the right direction, and six other quick ideas for those who just need lots of options. Whatever you decide on, hope you make it a good one.
Make Metro Part of Your Weekend
In our latest collaboration with Metro, we’ve synched up to produce a massive list of free things to do over the next 40 days, including dozens ideas that you can access without a car.
Looking for something fresh this weekend? Beginning this Saturday, Movies Under the Stars features classic films screened every week for the rest of the month at One Colorado in Old Pasadena. The series opens this weekend with a showing of Sister Act at 8:30 p.m. Public seating is first-come, first-served. More info here.
Go Metro: Take the A Line to Memorial Park station.
Three Top Picks To Do This Saturday
M = Less than .5 miles from an L.A. Metro Station, FA = Free Admission
Griffith Park Free Shakespeare Festival – FA TP > Starting this week, The Independent Shakespeare Co. returns to Griffith Park with a production of Julius Caesar running Wednesday to Sunday through July 30. Then, from August 9 to September 3, catch A Midsummer Night’s Dream on the same Wednesday to Sunday schedule. All shows begin at 7 p.m. Free to attend, but donations heartily encouraged. More info here.
¡El Sabor de Mi Centro! i – FA > This Saturday, ¡El Sabor de Mi Centro! brings Pride-themed summer celebration to Boyle Heights, organized by the Los Angeles LGBT Center. Among the scheduled performers are Crystal Angelina, Fresas Con Crema, Bibi Discoteca, Paloma, and Cheer LA. Other activities will include face painting, raffle prizes, and R&B line dancing. Runs noon to 5 p.m. Free to attend. More info here.
Tarot Reading Workshop at ESMoA – FA > On Saturday, The El Segundo Museum of Art hosts a free workshop on tarot reading, hosted by The Oracle of LA and inspired by Helena Park’s Tarot collection featured in the museum’s “BELONGING” exhibition (on view through September 16). Perfect for the who novice or “tarot curious.” Runs 3 to 4:30 p.m. More info here.
Six More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- The Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles concert series continues Saturday with Amandititita, El Conjunto Nuevo Ola, and Pacifico Dance Company.
- Hop over to Common Space Brewery in Hawthorne this Saturday for an afternoon of vinyl record swaps and DJ sets, all backed by an ample selection of brews on tap.
- The Brewsology Beer Fest comes to California Science Center this Saturday for an evening affair featuring dozens of local craft breweries and cideries, plus after-hours access to museum exhibits and special science demos.
- NoHo Summer Nights pops up at North Hollywood Recreation Center this Saturday with a performance by Element Band, plus an emerging artist showcase.
- Starting this Saturday, a new film series at Norton Simon Museum explores the many ways that food and drink factor in our lives, presented in conjunction with the exhibition All Consuming: Art and Essence of Food.
- Grand Performances continues their 2023 concert schedule with Viver Brasil this Saturday.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscribe to our twice weekly email newsletter!